Dish Profit margin

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Under 2% profit margin? No wonder Dish fights price increases from networks, started adding all the different fees, and so on. And that's just what customers see. On the company side, does that mean no pay raises/bonuses, spending restrictions, etc?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No wonder their software engineers are questionable at best... Oh well... Overall I'm very happy with Dish, by far the best customer service with DIRT, reasonable prices (even though CATV/sat in general is way too high,) has the channels I want, and hardware that can't be beat!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

That is misleading ... this certainly depends on what benefits/pay/etc. is being paid out and how they are figuring depreciation/depletion, capitalizing new acquisitions.

GE has no profit for example - think they are losing $$$.

Someone is making much much more than that! (Charlie). He gets paid a salary plus has his stock shares to give him a profit along with the side deals. The books and the actual profit are two different things.

I am sure the 1.79% is the stock holders profit per share. Has nothing to do with how much the are making. Charlie spent $100,000 of the company's money on his son's business startup before profit. No telling how much Dish spends on other Capital investments before profit.

There is a big difference between cash flow and profits.

But, even for all the talk of greedy Dish Network and their fees, Dish has never had a great profit %, but it is usually higher than 1.79%, more often in the 7-10% range.

Second (third?) creative accounting.

Big companies tend to have very little they have to pay the tax man.. by design.

Too bad we can't tell the fed we spent all our money on bills and therefore don't need to pay taxes.

You would be surprised at how low real profit is for lowes hardware it is around 2% but remember that is after all is said and done.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I am sure the 1.79% is the stock holders profit per share. Has nothing to do with how much the are making. Charlie spent $100,000 of the company's money on his son's business startup before profit. No telling how much Dish spends on other Capital investments before profit.

What business was that?

Return On Assets is a much better number to look at it shows earnings generated from assets.

Dish - 6.94%
SATS - 1.16%
DTV - 16.12%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)