Dish Program Access Fee billing!!

dummy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
I have a VIP 722 DVR that was recently taken in an RV on a road trip. Dish is now billing me a $5 extra "programming access fee" because the unit was not hooked up to a phone line. They say it has "two receivers!"

I cannot fathom their logic here. What difference does it make if the receiver is installed at the address of record or is on the move. Indeed, at the house, TV1 and TV2 can be utilized, while on the road, only one TV is used. Why does Dish think they're getting screwed?

Is there any argument or strategy will help avoid this fee?

Thanks

yeah needs to be hooked up, if you are taking it camping I would get a 211 or 612 so you don't have to worry about it being hooked up

Anytime a dual tuner receiver is no longer hooked up to either a phone line or the LAN it will have the $5 phone fee per month. That is a charge that anyone will have if there isn't a way for the unit to call home.

Solution: At lease once a month, plug it into the internet or phone line then press MENU+6+3 click on "Call Out". If there is a call pending, it will call at that point and no dual tuner fee that month.

See ya
Tony

Use "social engineering" i.e. "lie" :)

call them up, say your phone service was not working several days last month (technically "could" be true, you don't know if it was working or not while you were gone), if you're nice maybe they will credit it off for you.

Thanks very much to TNG Tony above! I just followed his advice, my unit "phoned home" and I guess I'm OK for May. I attempted a call out a second time, and as was implied by TNG Tony, the unit responded by saying that no "call out" was pending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts