Dish Programing Department

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
How do you contact Dish programing department? I'm working on trying to get my local Fox station (WWCP Fox-TV8 Johnstown/Altoona Market) fixed. A lot of times show are not in HD you get black box on sides,top, and bottom. When shows are in hd it boxes up a lot and audio problems. I don't know who's fault but I want to start making calls to get this worked on.

HD channels showing a SD show causes the format to be off a lot of times (you can change the format by pressing * on your remote). WWCP is on our known channel issue list for video distortion, which means we know about it, and are working on it. Both the HD and SD WWCP channels are on the list, along with WATM (your ABC affiliate).

How do you contact Dish programing department? I'm working on trying to get my local Fox station (WWCP Fox-TV8 Johnstown/Altoona Market) fixed. A lot of times show are not in HD you get black box on sides,top, and bottom. When shows are in hd it boxes up a lot and audio problems. I don't know who's fault but I want to start making calls to get this worked on.

Dishquality@echostar.com for all audio /video complaints. Be specific of what time you are seeing it , what channel , what show etc. They will respond back within a week if not sooner. Keep the observation emails coming and they will respond sooner. I have worked with them over the years to fix many local channels in the Houston , Beaumont, Little Rock markets. They are super to work with .

MattG do you know anything about Fox 29 in Lake
Charles, LA . It is the only local network that we do not have.

HD channels showing a SD show causes the format to be off a lot of times (you can change the format by pressing * on your remote). WWCP is on our known channel issue list for video distortion, which means we know about it, and are working on it. Both the HD and SD WWCP channels are on the list, along with WATM (your ABC affiliate).

I know that's not the problem. I know the shows are HD shows too like America's Most Wanted, American Idol. I know it wasn't weather related either. Least you guys are aware of it. It's just been getting on my nerves and I didn't know who's problem it was. I tried to call WWCP today but didn't get anyone today so i figured I'll try Dish next.

WWCP and WATM are ran from the same company so it doesn't surprise me they're both on the list.

Last edited:
I know that's not the problem. I know the shows are HD shows too like America's Most Wanted, American Idol. I know it wasn't weather related either. Least you guys are aware of it. It's just been getting on my nerves and I didn't know who's problem it was. I tried to call WWCP today but didn't get anyone today so i figured I'll try Dish next.

WWCP and WATM are ran from the same company so it doesn't surprise me they're both on the list.

At least I saved you a phone call to dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)