DISH Programming Update

I don't know why they let religious channels be included in "public interest". I also don't know why they let them in the educational segment of the FM band.

I don't know why they let religious channels be included in "public interest". I also don't know why they let them in the educational segment of the FM band.
its called freedom of speech..if u don't like it turn the channel

I don't care if religious programming is carried, not my cup of tea but it is for others. But I too have wondered if it is part of PI, why it is...

Public interest channels must be non-profit entities. They must be owned by a non-profit org and be a non-commercial channel (this is why RFD was removed as a PI channel when it went to a commercial model. It was later reinstated as a subscription channel)

Are religious channels non-commercial? Yes
Are they owned by non-profit organizations? Yes

They qualify for PI status. Of course one of the rules is there has to be a variety of editorial view-points and only one channel per entity qualifies so that is why channels like Free Speech, Worldlink, ETC are also on the line-up.

Public interest channels must be non-profit entities. They must be owned by a non-profit org and be a non-commercial channel (this is why RFD was removed as a PI channel when it went to a commercial model. It was later reinstated as a subscription channel)

Are religious channels non-commercial? Yes
True.
Are they owned by non-profit organizations? Yes
:haha

TBN being a PI is a sham.

You have to realize that TBN needs to raise a lot of money to buy the daily dose of 10 pounds of mascara that scary woman wears and of course the bad hair and the 70's polyester suits her husband wears.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts