Dish Protection Plan Question

ewhite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2006
My two year agreement is up this month and I had the protection plan free. Now they are charging $5.99 a month. Is it worth it? What does it cover? I have a 522 DVR and a VIP211. Thanks for any advice.

If you REALLY like dishnetwork, but still want to save some money, one way is to cancel the DHPP. Then, if something ever does go wrong and you need a service call (normally $99) you can sign up for another contract, getting the DHPP for free for that duration and you'll only have to pay $29 for the service call. So you save $5.99 per month until you need a service call, and you still have the protection of the DHPP (essentially). The down side is that you'll have to lock urself into another 1-2 yr contract.

From all the instances I've seen, Dishnetwork is more than happy to pretend like you have a DHPP (even if you don't) but only WHEN YOU ARE WILLING TO LOCK INTO ANTOHER CONTRACT.

ewhite said:
My two year agreement is up this month and I had the protection plan free. Now they are charging $5.99 a month. Is it worth it? What does it cover? I have a 522 DVR and a VIP211. Thanks for any advice.
Are you leasing, DISH owns the receivers if you are so they are covered. The rest of your equipment could cost you money if repairs are needed, how many problems have you had in the last 2 years? At $6 a month and $30 for a service call a year could cost you $102, a service call without the DHPP is $99 so if you don't need one you are ahead.:) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts