Dish Puerto Rico programming

Yep, but they (DISH) say there are more than 100 HD channels in their local Puerto Rico advertising. Also in the Blockbuster Package we pay for 22 channels but only 16 are received.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yep, but they (DISH) say there are more than 100 HD channels in their local Puerto Rico advertising. Also in the Blockbuster Package we pay for 22 channels but only 16 are received.

At last got some free minutes. I knew I had counted more than 100 a while back. So I reviewed what I had posted. Here are some more HD I inadvertently left out:

455 SPORT
472 SPORTS PPV
474 SPORTS PPV
501 VOD (28 channels, same as channel 1, only available with recent receivers)

So, with these channels the count will go to 116, not counting NFLRZ, which I don't know anyone who is subscribed and could confirm reception. Granted, if one never orders PPV, these channels are irrelevant, but nonetheless, they are available...
That said, I am, as everyone else in PR, really hoping Dish would do something to fix this situation.

Next up, some time soon, analysis of PR spot transponders.

Any news on Puerto Rico HD?, here we do not have almost 35-40 HD channels although we pay the same package prices as everyone else and that is not fair. I have AT250 with the Blockbuster package and have only 65 HD channels. In fact, there are 7 channels on the Blockbuster package that are not available in Puerto Rico and again, we pay the full price.

The irony is that on all the local Dish Puerto Rico offers, they state that Dish offers 100 HD channels.

Will appreciate some scoop on this matter.:mad:

Dish have 4 additional channel (Dish latino or higher) for Puerto Rico;
Animal Planet (Latin america)
Discovery Kids (Latin america)
National Geographic (Latin america) (one year before Natgeo Mundo)
and a Miami based tv channel.

I miss all EPIXs HD channel.

I don't have VOD channel 1 or 501. I have 2 HWS.

Hoppers and/or 922 do not get the VOD channels, only the 722/622 do. 155 NFLRZ is available in HD. 153 MLBSZ was available in HD until they put the Hopper channel (103). Now they removed 103 and did not put back MLBSZ... ESPNNEWSHD I could see on my guide on channel 9530 but it is blocked. CBSSN HD also I could see on my guide on channel 9495 but it is also blocked. If you pay Outdoor Sports $4/month you could get 9483/395 Sportsman HD.

Hoppers and/or 922 do not get the VOD channels, only the 722/622 do. 155 NFLRZ is available in HD. 153 MLBSZ was available in HD until they put the Hopper channel (103). Now they removed 103 and did not put back MLBSZ... ESPNNEWSHD I could see on my guide on channel 9530 but it is blocked. CBSSN HD also I could see on my guide on channel 9495 but it is also blocked. If you pay Outdoor Sports $4/month you could get 9483/395 Sportsman HD.

ESPNNEWSHD is not uploaded on 110/119. Its on 129 which dont reach PR. So dont know how you see that channel. Agreed with CBSSN. Dish should just move this channel from 110/119 to 129 & replace it with either NBCSN or another more watched channel that can be made available to PR subs also.

i think he's talking about that channel on 61.5, that can be reached in PR with plenty of signal quality, even with spotbeams assigned for PR, that sat is not used for PR subs

May be dish does that to avoid more calls. Dish is trying to sell single small dish solution now. 2 dish will hurt sales.

well, a not so long time ago they used two dishes for 119 & 110, i'm still using two 4 footer dishes and will never change them; just to avoid the rain fade. i noticed that the cablecos are using again the argument of rain fade to move to their service, maybe is because of that decision to only use an smaller single dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts