Dish PVR 508 Help

prashp1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
CT
Hello. I had an old Dish PVR 508 that I am trying to activate it again. It has an old software version of P369. Because of this I am not getting any programming and it just keeps saying Accuring Signal with Satellite and Trasnponder both blank and Progress stays at 0 of 5. The Dish Point is showing the right switch as DPP44 - 119, 110, 61.5, and 118.

I have called Dish three times today with no available help. They told me to leave the receiver off overnight and see if the software downloads to P408. I have set the software to download without my permission. I have already leaved the receiver off for about 2 hours now. I don't have phone line connected. Will connecting the phone line help to download the software?

I have two Dish vip211k on my acct as well and they are working fine. Thanks

Maybe you can get it to update on the yellow card, and then put in the purple card.

I don't have the yellow card. Since this is an old receiver I had put it away and when I found it the yellow card was missing. I don't know where it is.

make sure the purple card is activated to the reciever before you try to get it to dl. You should also think about paying 50 bucks or whatever it costs to upgrade it to the 612 or 625. The 508 is a dinosaur.

make sure the purple card is activated to the reciever before you try to get it to dl. You should also think about paying 50 bucks or whatever it costs to upgrade it to the 612 or 625. The 508 is a dinosaur.

The purple card is activated to the receiver. It still won't download the software.

My experience has been just doing a check switch does not always make it download new software even though in the end a check switch is what happens, but doing something else first;

With the 508 turned on try holding the on/off button on the 508 (not on the remote) and keep holding it until it starts to turn off. It will turn on by itself and go thru the 5 steps. At that point it may download not only the new software but also the program guide.

One other thing to try, with it turned on, take out the card, wait for it to realize the card is out, and reinsert it. But the sequence above works best for me.

Give it quite awhile to come off of "0 of 5" and it may stay at "2 of 5" for awhile. If your card is indeed authorized to your unit, and they have sent the programming code to it, waiting over night with the unit turned off is not out of the question either but I don't think any better than the on/off button procedure.

One other thing, if by chance it was downloading the new software and you stopped it, you may not be able to now download it.

Couple more ideas to try:
- use your credit card instead of normal one - just to catch DL
or
- use one coax cable directly from 119W and select tp19 [this is home tp with FW for all models] from install menu, make sure it's locked, then exit from the menu and turn off by remote for 5 min, then turn on later

I have tried everything that is possible, but it just doesn't want to download the updated software.

What is your current System Info screen data ? Post a snapshot of the screen.

Sometimes, we saw it before, current FW filtering out some of receivers by SW_ID or/and HW_ID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)