dish question

currie

Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
texas
i used to have bell, then came the satelite issue. so now i have shaw/starchoice will my old dish that worked for my bell reciever work for my shaw/starchoice reciever. if it matters i'm outside san antonio tx.

No. you will need a new one with the correct LNBF. The mount might still be ok, if the Shaw Direct Dish can be angle correctly.

I also have a dish question. I am a snowbird from Ontario. I will be arriving in Leesburg, Florida in about a month. I am a Shawdirect customer and I will be bringing a 75 cm dish and a HD600 receiver with me to set up in Leesburg.
I was looking for some information from a dish installer located in Wildwood, Florida and I was told "Unfortunately Shawdirect recently changed their satellite coverage footprint and it is no longer possible to pick them up in central Florida".
Is this true? If there is anyone in the Leesburg, The Villages, Ocala area who knows anything about Shawdirect please let me know.

Leesburg: Bell changed their footprint, but shaw direct has not, so you can still get it in FLorida with your 75 cm dish

"Unfortunately Shawdirect recently changed their satellite coverage footprint and it is no longer possible to pick them up in central Florida"."

Incorrect

Correct statement is

"Unfortunately Bell recently changed their satellite coverage footprint and it is no longer possible to pick them up in central Florida".

If you are a present Shaw customer in Canada, contact Shaw Direct to get enrolled in the "Home Away from Home" program.

It'll cost you $50 and you receive a 75cm dish with LNBF to take south.

LOL frenchophile it sounds like that installer Leesburg found just talked himself out of some work! And hes not going to get any more jobs from Canadians either! I hope Leesburg finds a smarter installer b'cuz that one doesnt pay good attention to what's happening!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts