dish questions

sxmfan2018

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2018
los angeles
i am wondering what every ones experience has been with dish good bad or indifferent???
if i ask for the usb dongle thingy for the locals will i get it or will i have to buy it?
how is the ui on the hopper is it buggy? and does the hopper 3 do restarts everynight like the olde hopper did???
and how is 4k programming i don't expect them to be full fledged 4k as that would crush em and there's really no content to support it
how is billing??
and how about price increases did it happen before the two years???

i am wondering what every ones experience has been with dish good bad or indifferent???
if i ask for the usb dongle thingy for the locals will i get it or will i have to buy it?
how is the ui on the hopper is it buggy? and does the hopper 3 do restarts everynight like the olde hopper did???
and how is 4k programming i don't expect them to be full fledged 4k as that would crush em and there's really no content to support it
how is billing??
and how about price increases did it happen before the two years???

For me: 1 year into a 2 year contract. This is my third time with Dish. All three times have been generally positive experiences.

My Hopper 3 is fairly bug free -- only a couple so far of any significance, so about the same as DirecTV, and less than any cable DVR I've ever owned. The Hopper3 does nightly restarts, but you can pick the time this happens. This has never been an issue for me.

4k (UHD) programming is limited. I've watched a couple of shows in UHD, and they looked good. It wasn't a factor for me in choosing Dish.

My billing so far has been flawless, which was my experience before as well. So far, any price increases Dish announced have not affected me. On the bill, the new price shows up along with a corresponding discount to negate the increase.

Not sure about the OTA adapter, but I expect you'll have to buy it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
OTA adapter is a purchase thing, after install it will be available in the Dish Store on the Dish website for $59.99.

I'm on the (Heartland Pack) now and took it at $3.00 per month for six months special. I have three months left on that and then it goes to $6.00 per month.

Hallmark and Hallmark Mysteries & Movies are both in the Welcome Pack. Hallmark Drama is not in HD and not in the lower pack except Heartland Pack. Dish does not advertize the Welcome Pack, you have to ask for it. Look at the link in post 7 above to see what all is in the Welcome Pack.

Reactions: pattykay
i did wind finding the heartland pack and the welcome pack looks like i wouldn't be saving that much...
now do they charge for service calls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)