DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

A csr from space told me voom is still on as at Vesuvius he saw voom news for 19/10/02.

Strange his favorite show is Charle chat.

Whenever you reach a csr make sure you get the planet their from.

Nano sbbo out

All I want for Christmas is MSG. That way I can tell TWC goodbye when my special pricing expires next summer. I know the chances are between slim and none, but one can always hope.

After yesterdays retailer chat, it would not surprise me to have a DONE DEAL by the end of the year.

Here is to HOPING! :D

I hope that you are right, and I hope they have worked out a way for autohop to stay in business. If Dish works out terms with ABC on autohop, other providers can follow suit. Essentially making it a world where you can pay extra to have your commercials stripped away... Dish charges a $12 hopper fee, hopefully it is enough to cover the ABC (and other broadcasters) commercial free fees...

I'm not falling for the football trick again Lucy! Not getting any hopes up for end of year surprise. But it would make sense since football is basically over now.

I could have used ESPNU in HD last night. Watched my Hawkeyes play basketball last night and it was a struggle being able to tell who was playing at times.

I'm not falling for the football trick again Lucy! Not getting any hopes up for end of year surprise. But it would make sense since football is basically over now.

There is one Bowl game scheduled on ESPNU. A small one that few care about, but it's there....

I'm betting anywhere from $8.00 - $10.00 increase as well. Boy it is really getting harder and harder to justify staying with satellite tv .
I left cable over 11 years ago because Dish was a better deal. It's getting harder and harder to justify that thinking.
I think its time to really consider the triple play. No matter how much I hate cable but $84.95 for 2 years would say some money and at the same time give more channels. Plus more options with out buy new equipment.

There are definitely more alternatives out there than just DISH or DIRECTV. Satellite used to be the alternative to cable ,but now it seems to be even more choices out there. I think that the only real chance that any tv provider has to stay in business is to push for full ala cart or theme packs like the Canadian satellite companies do. The Welcome Pack that DISH has ,would be great for me if they would only do a full HD version of it. But I am sure that DISH would try to charge you an additional $10.00 HD fee if they did it. DISH is the King of made up because we can charge it, FEES. IF a company would offer a full version of ala cart choices via the internet, I think we would have even a better alternative to traditional cable & satellite tv. At least for those with a decent internet service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)