DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Mike, there's two big problems with your logic...
1) Many (most?) commercials are sold to be run during a certain program. So if Doritos (for example) didn't get enough viewers for it's Super Bowl spot, Fox can't run the spot again during "The Simpsons".
2) There are 210 markets across the country. Only 56 of them are metered. Only the metered markets can supply "overnights" or anything close to real time ratings. For the other 154 markets, ratings results don't come in until ~a month and a half after the ratings period has ended. I think ratings actually start today. But the majority of locals won't know how many people watched the shows today until mid-April.

Make goods are used to make up for viewer shortages

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Any chance this Disney deal will get NBCSports and TCM onto lower packages, preferably Latino Dos? :D

I saw a preview of today's uplink In fact I saw most everything through February, and unless they surprise us (and I LOVE suprises) I still don't see the channels coming in February.

But who knows whats shown in the uplink previews is only what they know positively that they will be doing. They might not even know a date when the channels will be green lighted so they don't put them in the report.

As I said... I love a surprise. :D

Mike, there's two big problems with your logic...
1) Many (most?) commercials are sold to be run during a certain program. So if Doritos (for example) didn't get enough viewers for it's Super Bowl spot, Fox can't run the spot again during "The Simpsons".
2) There are 210 markets across the country. Only 56 of them are metered. Only the metered markets can supply "overnights" or anything close to real time ratings. For the other 154 markets, ratings results don't come in until ~a month and a half after the ratings period has ended. I think ratings actually start today. But the majority of locals won't know how many people watched the shows today until mid-April.
I want to post here that I was wrong. I checked some sources and yes, they will rerun spots to make up viewers. I apologize for my ignorance.

I saw a preview of today's uplink In fact I saw most everything through February, and unless they surprise us (and I LOVE suprises) I still don't see the channels coming in February.

But who knows whats shown in the uplink previews is only what they know positively that they will be doing. They might not even know a date when the channels will be green lighted so they don't put them in the report.

I have a feeling that if/when they do launch those HD channels it will most likely be a special uplink, not the 'normal' Wednesday one...

Sure wish we would get that "surprise" instead of sticker shock when we receive our monthly bills.........lost 2 more channels G4 & Soap & our bill increased

Sure wish we would get that "surprise" instead of sticker shock when we receive our monthly bills.........lost 2 more channels G4 & Soap & our bill increased

Technically everyone lost G4 and Soap and saw their bill increased :p

We also lost CLOO but you ain't bitching about that xD

We know for sure we are getting one new channel though so I think it'll even itself out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You act as if Dish got rid of these channels. I can see being angry at Dish if they just dropped a channel but when channels no longer exist it makes no sense to get angry at your channel provider.

ESPN President Predicts a Deal With DISH

They'll probably add the ESPN channels that'll appear in an uplink report on Sunday morning at 2:30am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts