DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Up next is DirecTV's deal with ESPN and ABC. I wonder where that's going to go and how well that it will go now that the Dish deal is done. I think Dish getting these networks are good for DirecTV subs. You can expect DirecTV to get a similar deal. I especially want the Watch ESPN stuff on DirecTV. While, it seems like DirecTV is following Dish's footsteps in this one. In this case I agree with it.

I was the one who suggested that a concession could be a longer delay in Autohop (I think I even mentioned 3 days). So Autohop still stands but is just delayed a couple days. Seems a good compromise to me.

For all we know, Disney wanted AutoHop completely dead. Maybe this is actually a win?

Actually, if it was a true compromise, both sides will claim "win".

Dish will have to completely re-write their autohop ads/claims,to me that is a win for that evil mouse.Not too mention that Disney pretty much got what they wanted financially.My bets are on pundits claiming the mouse is the winner,but in the end we the customers are the real losers.

I'm shocked!!The mouse kicked Charlie's proverbial butt! Why does he continue to ruffle all these feathers only to relent in the end?:rolleyes:

Because he's making money and getting what he really wants in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Might have record viewing for this weeks uplink and uplinks to follow if it's not this week

Edit: I forgot, uplinks dont necessarily have to happen on Wednesday :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts