DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

I guess if you put the scroll on to get folks thinking you would do it during football to get folks fired up. Hopefully it's negotiating ploy to make people freak out and call dish

oops my bad,it's the sports ticker scroll.:D

Yeah, can we get Charlie to put that in the contract, NO RUNNING SCROLLS of meaningless info during games!

I would love that,I despise that constant sports ticker.Makes recording a game almost pointless.

agree, there's a time and a place to discuss politics online, but this isn't the time or the place.
Agreed. And with the UN passing a unanimous resolution for ESPN and Dish to sign an agreement, we can all feel secure that....

...I think I just did it again.

yes, and sometimes their was an nfl game or 2 on the canadian sats
Really? I don't remember that. CFL sure, but NFL? They used to have wild feeds of sporting events on other sats, commercial free, and on rare occasions even announcer free. Oh... the good ole days.

Really? I don't remember that. CFL sure, but NFL? They used to have wild feeds of sporting events on other sats, commercial free, and on rare occasions even announcer free. Oh... the good ole days.

You might be surprised what's up there now. ;)

Sundays are fun days. :)

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just talked to chat CSR that said, " (ID: DCM): The agreements with Disney and ESPN are definitely going to continue without worries." She then told me that an email would be sent out to all DISH customers regarding the new agreement. Hmmmmm, i guess we will see.

Should ESPN be set free to be a-la-carte, what fraction of Dish's 14 million subs would pay directly for it?

Let's assume 25% are rabid enough sports fans to buy ESPN a-la-carte, so for ESPN to maintain it's current income it would have to quadruple the price it currently charges for its programming - $5/month jumps to $20/month.

If the number is 20% then the price has to go to $25/month.

The fear is that nobody knows how many would fork over for ESPN a-la-carte and the higher the price the fewer will subscribe.

So if ESPN goes a-la carte, my Dish bill drops $5 :confused: but if I want ESPN I must fork over $15 or $20 extra (over my pre a-la-carte bill) per month for it.

I don't forsee a snowballs chance that ESPN would take that risk - a known income stream for a questionable one - not smart and ESPN is the one who decides how its programming is distributed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)