DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

"Congrats, Dish Customers! All ESPN and Disney will be available, and in HD where available, without any interruption!"

"All packages will increase immediately ONLY $5 per month."

;)

Just talked to chat CSR that said, " (ID: DCM): The agreements with Disney and ESPN are definitely going to continue without worries." She then told me that an email would be sent out to all DISH customers regarding the new agreement. Hmmmmm, i guess we will see.

rollingonthefloor55.gif

Next time ask them how the negotiations with IRAN are going too.

"Congrats, Dish Customers! All ESPN and Disney will be available, and in HD where available, without any interruption!" "All packages will increase immediately ONLY $5 per month." ;)

I can see us getting everything and some from the espn/disney channels and when dish raises the prices in February...instead of blaming dish...they will blame espn (is dish smart enough to do a huge price increase knowing no blame will be put on them???)

just spoke to CSR over chat......she said, " (ID: DCM): The agreements with Disney and ESPN are definitely going to continue without worries." She then said an email would be sent out to all DISH customers regarding the new agreement........hmmmm, i guess we will see
Sounds like an extention of the current contract so they can continue to negotiate.

During halftime of the Wisconsin and Ohio State game our local ABC affiliate had the scrolling message for Dish customers that the contract expires Sept. 30 and that Dish may stop carrying them.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1380421403.040619.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1380421403.040619.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 256
During halftime of the Wisconsin and Ohio State game our local ABC affiliate had the scrolling message for Dish customers that the contract expires Sept. 30 and that Dish may stop carrying them.

That's a dispute with the station owner Morris Multimedia. Here's a list of the stations they own:
MarketStation ... channel (DT)NetworkYear acquiredNotes
Macon, GeorgiaWMGT-TV 41 (40)NBC
MyNetworkTV
1978Acquired in 1978 as the company's flagship station.
Lexington, KentuckyWTVQ-TV 36 (40)ABC
MyNetworkTV
2008Acquired from Media General in Spring 2008. [1]
Biloxi - Gulfport (Mississippi)WXXV-TV 25 (48)Fox1997Also serves the #168 Hattiesburg - Laurel market.
Columbus - Tupelo -
West Point (Mississippi)
WCBI-TV 4 (35)CBS /
MNTV on DT2 /
The CW on DT3
2003Was the first licensed television station in Northern
Mississippi. Founded and originally owned by
The Commercial Dispatch newspaper.
Wilmington, North CarolinaWWAY 3 (46)ABC2006Was acquired from Raycom Media since ownership
rules set by the FCC prohibits that company from
owning and operating the station and one other,
NBC affiliate WECT.
Chattanooga, TennesseeWDEF-TV 12 (47)CBS2006Was Chattanooga's first television station. Acquired
from Media General on October 13, 2006 following
their acquisition of stations from NBCUniversal.

?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Multimedia

Boy,Charlie has his hands full this month,Morris media,Media General,Disney/ESPN,all contracts set to expire Oct.1st unless deals are reached.

I was just told by a CSR that they are tallying requests for channels so if you haven't, call for ESPNU HD as well as ABC Family and Disney and Disney W.

I was just told by a CSR that they are tallying requests for channels so if you haven't, call for ESPNU HD as well as ABC Family and Disney and Disney W.
I was just told by a CSR that they have no knowledge of contract negotiations. They just make up stuff to mess with people who call and ask about it.:D

I was just told by a CSR that tonight's dinner will be steak, with a a nice vegetable medley :D

Should ESPN be set free to be a-la-carte, what fraction of Dish's 14 million subs would pay directly for it?

Let's assume 25% are rabid enough sports fans to buy ESPN a-la-carte, so for ESPN to maintain it's current income it would have to quadruple the price it currently charges for its programming - $5/month jumps to $20/month.

If the number is 20% then the price has to go to $25/month.

The fear is that nobody knows how many would fork over for ESPN a-la-carte and the higher the price the fewer will subscribe.

So if ESPN goes a-la carte, my Dish bill drops $5 :confused: but if I want ESPN I must fork over $15 or $20 extra (over my pre a-la-carte bill) per month for it.

I don't forsee a snowballs chance that ESPN would take that risk - a known income stream for a questionable one - not smart and ESPN is the one who decides how its programming is distributed.
But wait isn't that price just for one espn how about the other over priced channels. :eek: Thats why I say it would be about $50 for all the other priced channels too.
I say let the big fat rat you can keep them.

A CSR told me that dinner was liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. Oh wait that was a wrong number. I'll try again but someones at the door right now. I'll finish this in a few minutes.

Call and say you don't want ESPNU HD as well as ....

There are probably just as many people who give a rat's a.. about ESPNU HD as do. I'm in that category.

Their contract with Diversified Broadcasting also ends Monday. I saw a scroll on our local ABC in Gainesville, FL yesterday. I hope they offer OTA adapters for the hopper if it goes off air.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)