DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Ok here is what I am told by a friend that works at ESPN. This is by NO MEANS OFFICIAL. The person has ZERO to do with negotiations its only what he has heard in the office.

The talk is that talks are continuing and as long as there continues to be positive talks then the channels will remain on DISH.

And that's all I got. NOTHING OFFICIAL FROM ESPN OR DISH AT THIS POINT.

Ok here is what I am told by a friend that works at ESPN.
Wait.. your guy works at ESPN? ;)

The talk is that talks are continuing and as long as there continues to be positive talks then the channels will remain on DISH.

And that's all I got. NOTHING OFFICIAL FROM ESPN OR DISH AT THIS POINT.
I don't find this very positive, in the fact that what else is there to talk about? Haven't they had enough time already?

I find it positive, normally for ESPN talks go on for a year if not longer, but this time they have only talked for a few months.

?The sticking point I am hearing is online digital rights.

I know I said I hope they drop ESPN however after much thought and talking with a few dish retailers. If dish drops ESPN it will put lots of retailers out of business and in bankruptcy because of all the charge backs.

I find it positive, normally for ESPN talks go on for a year if not longer, but this time they have only talked for a few months.

Hmm they better get WatchESPN. Every other provider in my area has it at this point and would be a huge plus in all areas really.

And I hope Dish can get those digital online rights so that we Dish subs who have ESPN in our packages can access watchESPN app. Its about time

Hmm they better get WatchESPN. Every other provider in my area has it at this point and would be a huge plus in all areas really.

You have so many demands or going raise hell etc.. ---- just be done with it and use one of those other providers. You'll sleep better!

I know I said I hope they drop ESPN however after much thought and talking with a few dish retailers. If dish drops ESPN it will put lots of retailers out of business and in bankruptcy because of all the charge backs.

Normally I'd give it time. But this is football season, & if espn goes, I'll have to switch to DirecTV immediately. Don't want to, but I'd be left with no other choice. :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys

You have so many demands or going raise hell etc.. ---- just be done with it and use one of those other providers. You'll sleep better!

I could never ever let a TV provider get me worked up like that. Don't get me wrong I love ESPN, College football and my Hopper's but in the end its just TV.

irrelevant to what I'm saying here, If you don't express concerns in some form to those services you pay for then they will not change for the good of the consumer. Now my voice is just one but each one counts just like in dominos. The other providers in my area are horrible and I enjoy using Dish but that won't keep me from expressing those concerns as often as needed.

That being said, it would be nice if the ESPNU HD feed would start before this weekend. I know the watchESPN app will require an update before we are able to use it so that is expected if it takes a few weeks.

Or one could be thankful that the "big worry" in their life is just a TV channel and not something much more serious.

Or one could be thankful that the "big worry" in their life is just a TV channel and not something much more serious.

If that's the case then be thankful. If that's all you got to worry about then get away from the TV and go have a beer with a friend. Go take your wife out on a date. Enjoy your life a little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)