DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

I read somewhere that if a show is watched within so many hours after it airs on a DVR that it's still considered a live viewing this helps for ratings.

The 36 hours is just a timeframe I pulled out of the air.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Fair enough,I still think 24hrs would be plenty.

my guess, we will wake up saturday morning and all the espn/disney channels will be gone. just my gut feeling though.

I'd be willing to lose Autohop if they would implement the backup when stopping Fast Fwd technology that D* has. I understand that Dish is allowed to use it as a result of the Tivo suit. Some commercials are also actually watchable to me. Others, like the Cottonelle moist wipes, should be outlawed.

Others, like the Cottonelle moist wipes, should be outlawed.

Easy big fella!!I dunno about the ads,but moist wipes are great!!Although I prefer Scott naturals.;)

You didn't know this?

Obviously not a fan of an SEC team, so no.

I'd be willing to lose Autohop if they would implement the backup when stopping Fast Fwd technology that D* has. I understand that Dish is allowed to use it as a result of the Tivo suit. Some commercials are also actually watchable to me. Others, like the Cottonelle moist wipes, should be outlawed.

I agree, some commercials are OK, especially program and movie previews. I wouldn't know about much of the programming coming up without commercials. And some commercials are funny like the new Snickers Horseless Headsman commercial.

Last edited:
Obviously not a fan of an SEC team, so no.

I agree, some commercials are OK, especially program and movie previews. I wouldn't know about much of the programming coming up without commercials. And some commercials are funny like the new Snickers Horseless Headsman commercial.

Yeah you're a fan of a winless American team that should've never been in the Big East ;)

< ECU fan

Yeah you're a fan of a winless American team that should've never been in the Big East ;)

< ECU fan

Actually I am an alumni of the fastest ranked, fasted top 10 ranked and fasted top 5 ranked in modern NCAA history. In other words, USF did more in its first 15 years as a program than 75% of the FBS programs did in the past 75 years.

The Big East? Isn't that the conference that realized that it was outclassed in football and decided to go back to being a basketball conference? ;)

The Big East? Isn't that the conference that realized that it was outclassed in football and decided to go back to being a basketball conference? ;)

Its the conference that sucks so bad in football that most of the teams were lured to the ACC (Miami, Pitt, Syracuse, UL, VT, Boston College), Big 12 (WVU. TCU) and Big 10 (Rutgers) by, wait for it, ESPN TV contract money! Yippy!

Last edited:
Its the conference that sucks so bad in football that most of the teams were lured to the ACC (Miami, Pitt, Syracuse, UL, VT, Boston College), Big 12 (WVU. TCU) and Big 10 (Rutgers) by, wait for it, ESPN TV contract money! Yippy!

Let's not even get started on the fact ECU should be in the ACC over BC and Pitt... Also TCU didnt really fit with the Big East just like UH/SMU/Tulsa/Tulane doesnt fit with the American.

Let's not even get started on the fact ECU should be in the ACC over BC and Pitt... Also TCU didnt really fit with the Big East just like UH/SMU/Tulsa/Tulane doesnt fit with the American.

I get you are a disgruntled ECU fan. Trust me. After what happened in Tampa with your former coach, you won't find too many sympathetic USF fans. And if he does the same at LATech, expect to find the same apathy there too. Just say'n. And you have to take in account that TV markets is why most of these teams move up. That and dumping money into facilities. That's why Tulane got an AAC invite. Not sure about the ECU TV market.

Wonder with the espn app if that could be intergration on Hopper, would be a nice addition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts