DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

You rarely, if ever, see press releases saying they are negotiating. I know I've never seen one but you almost always see a press release after a deal has been made though.

True, but refusing to carry ALL (or even ANY in the NYC DMA) of the local RSNs is a distinctly E*-esque maneuver. I'm not a huge sports nut, but I miss being able to watch the occasional Mets game (granted, the team has been unwatchable for the last three years, which has eased the pain). Due to that, the blackouts kill any method of seeing the games as I can't simply flip to the other channel that is not blacked out like the other 90% of viewers in the country can.....

There's some bad blood mixed into that one, plus I don't think Dish wants to get involved with charging subs surcharges for their RSNs like Direct has to do to cover the expensive RSNs like the NY ones.

There's some bad blood mixed into that one, plus I don't think Dish wants to get involved with charging subs surcharges for their RSNs like Direct has to do to cover the expensive RSNs like the NY ones.

If the charge on Dish for NY sports teams was $3 extra per month like it is on DirecTv, I would pay it......although, right now I am not missing the frustration of watching the crap hockey the Sabres are playing.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This press release is almost 12 days old - how come there hasn't been any new release or update to this point I guess is my question.

Sure no news is good news not to lose what we already have which isn't much IMO considering the removal of all the HD feeds they took off back in 2009. I just can't get over how in 4 years we haven't gotten those HD feeds back let alone ESPNU in HD.

This press release is almost 12 days old - how come there hasn't been any new release or update to this point I guess is my question.

Sure no news is good news not to lose what we already have which isn't much IMO considering the removal of all the HD feeds they took off back in 2009. I just can't get over how in 4 years we haven't gotten those HD feeds back let alone ESPNU in HD.
You don't say.

I agree..... I had hoped that this all would have been resolved and the HD feeds restored.....but it doesn't appear that a quick resolution will be happening anytime soon.

I sure remember several press releases when AMC and Dish reached an agreement.An agreement between Dish and Disney will make headline news.

Nobody knows how long it will be, could be days or even months if not longer.

But as long as they are having positive talks the channels will remain on DISH.

Nobody knows how long it will be, could be days or even months if not longer.

But as long as they are having positive talks the channels will remain on DISH.

I predict it will be somewhere in between this very moment and the end of time.

Charlie will reveal the new deal on April 1 only to reveal the next day that it was a cruel April Fools joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts