DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

I believe the contracts will not be signed Until two things happen. One dish agrees to drop auto hop on ABC owned stations or the courts rule auto hop to be not legal.

Two dish allows disney ABC to insert their own ads were commercial are skipped by auto hop.

I believe the contracts will not be signed Until two things happen. One dish agrees to drop auto hop on ABC owned stations or the courts rule auto hop to be not legal.

Two dish allows disney ABC to insert their own ads were commercial are skipped by auto hop.
why do you hate autohop so much?

why do you hate autohop so much?

I do not hate auto hop it is the networks that does because #1 Charlie made it clear that he wanted to use auto hop to make dish additional revenue.

He has stated several times that he wanted to insert directed adds to auto hop. The networks are against this and believe that all of the ad revenue belongs to them. That is what the hold up is in the disney dish talks.

I do not hate auto hop it is the networks that does because #1 Charlie made it clear that he wanted to use auto hop to make dish additional revenue.

He has stated several times that he wanted to insert directed adds to auto hop. The networks are against this and believe that all of the ad revenue belongs to them. That is what the hold up is in the disney dish talks.
not to wander to far off topic..why do they allow cable companies to insert local ads?..especially Comcast owned cable systems

Don't they normally raise rates one year and fees the next? That way they can claim a 2 year hold on rates. I guess they must think we really think there is a difference. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Don't they normally raise rates one year and fees the next? That way they can claim a 2 year hold on rates. I guess they must think we really think there is a difference. :)

In my memory, they have only once "skipped" a year of raising programming package rates, and raised fees in that year.

What a loathsome idea! I'm keeping my Netflix ad-free DVDs by mail. I already don't pay for on-demand, so I can't drop that.

Stand by for "special" rental DVDs/BDs with non skipable ads built in, not just at the beginning (FBI warning, etc). Remember when they tried embedding pages of advertising in paperback books? That did not last long. But with optical media and streaming that can prohibit skipping ads....

I guess you are referring to the ONE time they skipped a year of package price hikes? And no, they do not normally raise rates one year and fees the next. They normally raise rates every year like EVERY other provider. Fees are less predictable as to being raised, or sometimes merged.

If you are right about this........ then we are all in for a LONG wait......

We don't even know auto hop has anything to do with current negotiations so it's all speculation. (That's ok, we do that here :) ) From what I am reading from articles that are not hit and run, it is about long term digital rights. NEVER believe a "News" article on these negotiations, some idiot knows about the lawsuits concerning Autohop and then conjures in his mind that must be the sticking point.

Come on guys. We let this thread slip to page 2, and it's been days since a response. I know it's been said a million times, but I hope they can get ESPNU in HD before the end of basketball season. Also, WatchESPN integration in the Hopper would be awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts