Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I guess my gut was correct...

[h=1]Skipper: ESPN On Path to Dish Renewal[/h] Programmer Has Held Preliminary License Fee

By: Mike Reynolds Aug 21 2013 - 8:51pm

Bristol, Conn. --The Walt Disney Co.’s carriage contract with Dish Network expires at the end of September, but John Skipper is optimistic the programmer will reach a renewal with the No. 2 DBS provider.

Skipper, president of ESPN, Inc. and co-chairman of Disney Media Networks, said “you’re never confident until midnight,” but the parties have been engaged in “very constructive discussions and it’s clear we’re on a path to get a deal done.”

Read the rest at http://www.multichannel.com/distribution/skipper-espn-path-dish-renewal/145082

:) looks good hope talks continue

But...of course have to ask hopefully this will include the other Disney channels back in HD

Since Disney owns ESPN, and the article states Disney carriage agreement set to renew it seems a safe bet

This reminds me of when the Patriots were thisclose to resigning Wes Welker.

Sorry, I'll believe it when the ink is dry. :D

This reminds me of when the Patriots were thisclose to resigning Wes Welker. Sorry, I'll believe it when the ink is dry. :D

Ever hear the term "Reading between the lines?" ;) Big difference to your Wes Welker analogy, no one from the Patriots or Wes Welker said they were close, only the Media. That was pure speculation when the cap was opened up more upon Brady restructuring his contract. (Not that uncommon for the top team's quarterbacks)

:) looks good hope talks continue

But...of course have to ask hopefully this will include the other Disney channels back in HD

Yes, I hate having to sit through all the SD shows that my kids watch on Disney. Not to mention that ABC Family often has decent movies on that we have to watch in SD. Those Pixar Movies really do need to be see in HD only.

While rhetoric is always nice at a media day, the quote that was "the shot heard 'round the world" was this one from Skipper regarding a la carte:

“suite of services, not one-offs.”

With a new Star Wars animated series coming and likely to be on DisneyXD, I seriously hope we get those HD channels back. Otherwise, I won't be watching and will wait for the Blu-Ray.

Past experience with "Charlie" I bet they'll all return in HD, and include Rodent JR and perhaps an additional surprise or two. Just wondering what his plan is for the HD limited capacity for the western arc. That has to be one of the problems with MLB Extra Innings and 24/7 HD RSNs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)