DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

While nothing is for sure until things are signed I feel good that since Scott has alluded to good things happening in current discussions, feel pretty good about that

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/august/espn-dish-standoff-could-be-on-the-horizon.html

the above link is the latest airtcle I could fine on the talks between dish and disney it is dated 8/12/13.

Untill an agreement is announced we can not assumed a new agreement is in place.

I sure hope their is.

But thats older then the news saying that it looks like a deal will be done... especially with the president of ESPN saying it.

Posting an old news article really does nothing since it out of date already.

I personally think that ESPN should be a PAY CHANNEL! Why should we all have to pay a lot for something some of us will never watch. I have watched ESPN once in 10 years.

I personally think that ESPN should be a PAY CHANNEL! Why should we all have to pay a lot for something some of us will never watch. I have watched ESPN once in 10 years.

It basically is but to not get it you go to the lowest channel package but then you have other channels in those packages that you prob haven't watched but once in 10 years so why are you picking on ESPN? I have a ton of channels in my package that I never ever watch but most of those are likely those that pay Dish to carry them not the other way around which help offset the prices of the packages and those channels like ESPN.

You, sir, are in the extreme minority.

Not to start a debate, but I think the amount of over all population that watches tv does not watch ESPN or other sports channels. It is just the minority that does watch sports is so vocal. I too have NEVER watched ESPN nor do I watch any sports channels and would dearly love it if they would spin them ALL off into their own premium sports packs just like the Premium movie channels packs. That way if you love sports you can pay for them ,just like I love MOVIES and I pay for them.

Not to start a debate.....

rollingonthefloor55.gif

That's exactly what we do! lol.... I think ESPN is more watched than you think because it's not just sporting events. Shows like PTI and ATH have very loyal viewers and many of them. Sportscenter is widely watched. All by even some casual sports fans. And there is variety of sports so people who might not normally watch sports will because their particular interest is there. That's not to say the cost to the carrier is justified, but ESPN can demand it at least at this time because of what I said.

But thats older then the news saying that it looks like a deal will be done... especially with the president of ESPN saying it.

Posting an old news article really does nothing since it out of date already.

Scott if I were the president of ESPN I would also state a deal will be done if asked about a deal with dish.

What do you expect him to say, our demands are unrealistic and a deal cannot be reached or dish is unfair so of course we can not reach a deal?

Also if a deal is reached that it will be in the high side as the article pointed out.

If our prices goes up by more then 15% we can safely assume dish agreed to ESPN high prices.

I do hope a deal does happen, but if one is in place this early then it is safe to assume dish agreed to ESPN Hugh increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I think your reasoning is wrong. In fact at this point ESPN might well say we have not reached an agreement and made a veiled statement on how it's the fault of DISH. That's how you plant the seed when things are not going well. Or you say we continue to negotiate or we are negotiating in good faith. All code words for it's not going well. You don't (both) say things so positive.

You, sir, are in the extreme minority.

I f that were the case, ESPN would be fine with being put on a higher tier. About 10 years ago, COX explained on the local news that they might have to lose ESPN because they demanded a certain price per customer, and they also had to carry ESPN on the tier above "bare basic."

So, from my point of view, if ESPN were really so well watched, they would not need to use such tactics. They know that, as long as they play it right, they will be able to force Dish, DirecTv and cable companies to pay them whatever they want because they think customers would immediately switch to another provider. I would like to see someone drop ESPN and offer their basic tier at about $10 less.

I feel the same way about systems that make everyone pay for Spanish-speaking channels.

I get the fact people don't want to pay for ESPN if you don't watch it. What about the 50 some channel's I don't watch? I pay for those. We all subsidize each others channel's. It sucks but thats the way it is. I wish it was different but its not. We either have to deal with it or cancel our service.

To paraphrase the old saying: You can Please Some of the People All of the time, All of them Some of the Time. But you can't please All of them All the Time!

To paraphrase the old saying: You can Please Some of the People All of the time, All of them Some of the Time. But you can't please All of them All the Time!

Perfect quote! I would give you a like but you can't do it with Taptalk for some reason.

I get the fact people don't want to pay for ESPN if you don't watch it. What about the 50 some channel's I don't watch? I pay for those. We all subsidize each others channel's. It sucks but thats the way it is. I wish it was different but its not. We either have to deal with it or cancel our service.

Well said. We are all paying for channels we don't watch.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think that is the very point. People are cancelling service. Due in part to the ever increasing cost of the programming and or ever increasing DISH FEES in our case. At this rate the satellite/cable model of today will be gone fast. Between cord cutters and the newer generation of never will sub to pay tv- period, you see the point of diminishing returns is converging. IF each channel keeps forcing these never ending increases for their content they will fast kill the golden goose. ESPN is one of the biggest hogs there is for the price of their channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)