DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Take what Charlie says on an earning call with a grain of salt. He is not allowed to make forward looking statements.

There have been a few times he had said something on a call when just a few days later a deal was done.

I remember him saying before they had no plans to Launch Discovery HD then two days later we had DIscovery HD.

Over history there have been a number of happenings like this.

Again I have heard rumors from both sides that the deal is DONE. It just the final wording of the contract is still being worked on.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

An earnings call is not one that I would want to make. You have to be so careful that you do not say anything that could possibly be construed incorrectly. It makes you wonder why they do them at all. But, I guess with enough practice (which he has) you can get used to it and being vague and non committal, yet somehow optimistic comes naturally.

His comments remind me of politicians.Yea I know it's by design,but it still annoys me.

An earnings call is not one that I would want to make. You have to be so careful that you do not say anything that could possibly be construed incorrectly. It makes you wonder why they do them at all. But, I guess with enough practice (which he has) you can get used to it and being vague and non committal, yet somehow optimistic comes naturally.

I can't do that, I'm too black and white, tell it like it is and move on. That's why I send my business partner to things like that, when someone needs to be noncommittal and lay it on thick

A watched pot never boils.

In other words, keep stirring the pot and it will never finish the way you wanted, but as soon as you walk away, It will be all over the floor and everyone would ask "what happened?" Means if you keep asking if the deal is done(stirring the pot) You'll never get the news you expected(Pot is not done correctly) But if you go about your business and don't think about it( Walk away from the pot) It will eventually be a done deal and everyone would be surprised(Everyone noticed its spilled). :)

In other words, keep stirring the pot and it will never finish the way you wanted, but as soon as you walk away, It will be all over the floor and everyone would ask "what happened?" Means if you keep asking if the deal is done(stirring the pot) You'll never get the news you expected(Pot is not done correctly) But if you go about your business and don't think about it( Walk away from the pot) It will eventually be a done deal and everyone would be surprised(Everyone noticed its spilled). :)

Going into week 3 of having to cut the cord. I have Dish on a 9 month hold. I am not that optimistic I will come back and have WatchESPN access or ESPNU HD. Not unless Charlie goes with what I read this week, buys DirecTV because Comcast is buying Time Warner.

deal be done all hd ch. on espn on when team sumit starts

I am sure they would love to show that off if they can get it done by then...

Idea for a new thread after this one... How long until one side or the other claims foul with some term of the contract? It should be bullet proof by then, but knowing the parties involved there will be something that comes up... That thread could go for years...

What comes first all the ESPN's in HD or the Easter bunny :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What comes first all the ESPN's in HD or the Easter bunny :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Santee Claus :D

santa-claus-clipart-5.jpg

Well, congratulations to all of us. We have managed to extend this thread with sometimes inane, pointless posts, to 500 pages, with virtually no new info almost since page 1. :everybodydance:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts