Dish Reception help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jvstrat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2004
I just had dish network put in a 2 room system with the dvr522. When connected with the supplied coaxial cables to the tv there are faint black lines that move from left to right across the screen and at times pixelization and blurry outlines of objects. When I plugged the supplied s-video cable into my tv the lines disappeared, but not the pixel problem. I tried switching the receiver and tv to channel 4 and that didn't help. When I checked the signal for the 119 satellite it showed over 100. Do you guys think if I use my old cable signal amplifier to boost the signal going into the receiver that might fix the issue? How about those in line rca satellite cable boosters they have at radio shack? Thanks for any ideas.

jvstrat said:
I just had dish network put in a 2 room system with the dvr522. When connected with the supplied coaxial cables to the tv there are faint black lines that move from left to right across the screen and at times pixelization and blurry outlines of objects. When I plugged the supplied s-video cable into my tv the lines disappeared, but not the pixel problem. I tried switching the receiver and tv to channel 4 and that didn't help. When I checked the signal for the 119 satellite it showed over 100. Do you guys think if I use my old cable signal amplifier to boost the signal going into the receiver that might fix the issue? How about those in line rca satellite cable boosters they have at radio shack? Thanks for any ideas.

Call DISH and have the installer come back out and correct the installation you have 90 days without having to pay for a service call.

You should be using the S-Video and stereo audio cables for the best picture & sound anyway. Picture quality will vary from channel-to-channel due to digital compression even if you have a high signal from the satellite. Artifacts will be magnified on a big screen TV.

Chances are you need to calibrate the set. Start by turning the "Sharpness" down and setting the "Brightness" and "Contrast" or Picture down to 1/2. Then get a set-up disc such as Video Essentials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)