Dish recording on my dvr?

Too Much Ado about nothing

Well, now that you mention it Dish Network does have a way to let the customers know about changes and updates-they could record a message on the DVR for us ;)

Yes, maybe the auto update topic would be better on a new thread. We've veered haven't we?

If you think that being in complete controll is the only way to go then it is time for you to go elsewhere. All VIP's now auto update and it is for s/w as well as guide reasons. I don't understand why anyone would care if the box updates every night except for cases of you are doing something that can't be talked about here. So you now have 2 choices get over it or get out. I really don't care which you choose. I think it is just fine if E* updates my unit every night. It's a Linux PC that needs to call home so to speak. Let it clear the cache or whatever it does when it calls home it doesn't hurt anything.

If you think that being in complete controll is the only way to go then it is time for you to go elsewhere. All VIP's now auto update and it is for s/w as well as guide reasons. I don't understand why anyone would care if the box updates every night except for cases of you are doing something that can't be talked about here. So you now have 2 choices get over it or get out. I really don't care which you choose. I think it is just fine if E* updates my unit every night. It's a Linux PC that needs to call home so to speak. Let it clear the cache or whatever it does when it calls home it doesn't hurt anything.

It may be nothing to you, isn't that a rather selfish attitude? Because I prefer to have control and you don't care is of no help or interest to me or to others.

You are NOT me. Please stay out of my topics.

charles mery christmas message. programinmg rates remain the same:)

but will pick your pocket receiver fee raising to 17 bucks each.....

see the regular E forum

Amen to that... Imagine that, I only want people in MY topic that agree with me.....

No I dont think that at all. I've asked a technical question, not posed a rhetorical query therefore the continual imposition of someone's opinion is rather inappropriate.

There is no agree or disagree. watchel's problem is he continues to insist that if it isn't a problem for himself than why should it be a problem for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts