Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
Okay So I put 4 referral codes on a coupon website and when I checked to see if all 4 were still active, I see that each one said the coupon is no longer available. Does that mean 4 different people used the referral codes and signed up with Dish? When I asked one rep online they said that they see codes were redeemed and then I've asked another rep who didn't have a clue. If all 4 did get used that'll be 20 bucks off my bill :)

Are you talking about retail me not?

I used to post coupon codes up there all the time. The problem is that there is too much spam, and you get people saying the coupons don't work so they can get theirs posted.

Okay So I put 4 referral codes on a coupon website and when I checked to see if all 4 were still active, I see that each one said the coupon is no longer available. Does that mean 4 different people used the referral codes and signed up with Dish? When I asked one rep online they said that they see codes were redeemed and then I've asked another rep who didn't have a clue. If all 4 did get used that'll be 20 bucks off my bill :)

(edit) reading is fundamental, and I missed it. Oops.

If those 4 referrals were used, it takes time before you get your credits. I cannot remember the exact amount of time (no longer what I deal with at Dish), but it's like 45 days (or 60, or something like that) after the person has their service installed. They get their $50 credit up front, it takes a while until you get yours. Fraud prevention, to make sure they really do establish an account, and don't try to cancel it.

good luck in getting your credits...........I have referred 4 people & have never gotten a penny.........they always say they something was done incorrectly

good luck in getting your credits...........I have referred 4 people & have never gotten a penny.........they always say they something was done incorrectly

So many people do it wrong. I was mentioning, the referral cert number HAS TO be given at signup. So, so, so many people try to wait (or forget) until after the install is done. It can't be applied then. It has to be built into the original work order. That work order can be modified before the initial installation is done, but it has to be done before that.

If you refer somebody, tell them, make it very clear, they absolutely do have to give the referral number to the sales agent setting up the order. Period. If the sales agent plays (or is) stupid, set up the work order, call back in, then ask to have the initial install work order modified with the referral credit BEFORE the tech shows up. Most of the Dish sales agents are offshore, and I'll just say I'm not a fan...

Good luck getting your credits.

As a rule we dont allow discussion of referal programs here, or allow to exchange of referal information.

Thanks for your understanding!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)