Dish relocation due to new roof

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nicemann

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Phoenix
I am having the re-shingle my patio cover. Currently my dish is mounted on the patio roof. I will have to remove the dish to re-shingle. I do not want to put it back on the roof. I do have the protect silver on my account. Does that cover moving the dish? If not anyone have an idea of the cost to do this? Assuming they may mount to the side of my house or maybe use a stand somewhere.

Thank you for the insight.

I am having the re-shingle my patio cover. Currently my dish is mounted on the patio roof. I will have to remove the dish to re-shingle. I do not want to put it back on the roof. I do have the protect silver on my account. Does that cover moving the dish? If not anyone have an idea of the cost to do this? Assuming they may mount to the side of my house or maybe use a stand somewhere.

They'll move it for you free of charge. Call the Loyalty Team.

They can't mount to the side of your house if it's vinyl and if you want a pole, dig safe is going to have to mark before they'll put a pole in the ground

And if it goes in the ground, he'll want to make sure the tech lays Quickrete first to secure it... my parents' tech didn't and an FSM had to come out and correct

Reactions: Howard Simmons

It was a couple of years ago, but I was in the same position as you. There was no way that I wanted the Dish on my brand new roof, so I called Dish and asked for a pole mount. The Dish rep didn't even bat an eye and scheduled an appointment. The next day a technician showed up and installed a pole mount (using quickcrete). Dish did that for free, which I appreciated. (I had the Dish protection plan at that time, so I am not sure if that was a factor in the free install).

I am happy that the Dish is on the ground. It makes brushing snow off the Dish a lot easier (the few times a year that that is necessary).

Absolutely no stucco.... and it really depends on LOS - if it can only go on the roof then back on the roof it goes or you can get out of contract and go with someone else. I've gone to many a home for a new roof and they wanted it else where yet they declined to cut trees or move the neighbors house out of the way. Sorry but if its like that you won't have any choice. Don't force it - let the professional look around and decide whats best.

I had a new roof put on a month ago. I moved the dish to the side fascia. I didn’t want to put holes in the roof. I have better signal and it’s easier to clean off in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks again everyone. As a data point for anyone else that comes across this thread. I just called Dish and they said it was $60 charge if I wanted to change location. That if I wanted it put back in the same exact position it would be $10. I do have silver protection but was told it was not covered. I asked if they could waive it and she said no. I then asked to transfer me to be canceled. After being put on hold for awhile they came back and said they can waive the custom work order of $50 and it would be only $10 on my next bill. Took the offer.

Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and have better reception also like ewindowman.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I dreaded going to relocate dishes, so many times, customers got a new roof put on, the roofers would try and put it back. A lot of times on to the metal roof and no pitch patch or anything. Once on a new shingle roof the roofer stripped the bolts and it was loose. Don't let the roofers touch it lol....get dish out there before hand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts