Dish Remote 54.0 Failure?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MrDRC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 29, 2004
Way South via the Northern Lands
Has anyone had one quit responding or intermittent response? I searched the forum and went back 2 years and didn't see any similar posts but my 4 1/2 year old remote seems like it's failing. It will quit responding, then interment response then respond for a while then repeat the cycle. Batteries are fresh and it's not just one or two buttons either, the entire remote doesn't respond. I know a new one is a quick call away but has anyone "fixed" a failing remote?

Reactions: trojan67
Has anyone had one quit responding or intermittent response? I searched the forum and went back 2 years and didn't see any similar posts but my 4 1/2 year old remote seems like it's failing. It will quit responding, then interment response then respond for a while then repeat the cycle. Batteries are fresh and it's not just one or two buttons either, the entire remote doesn't respond. I know a new one is a quick call away but has anyone "fixed" a failing remote?
Experience two since last week, stop responding to Wally's, replaced them with the Google voice remote, works OK.

A new antenna did not solve this issue for me. I’ve now replaced the remote three times, tried two antennas, performed multiple restarts and even a partial reset and still have this problem. The buttons on the front panel always work fine and my Harmony linked via IP works fine, but these RF remotes don’t work!

Thanks for the tips. Been in the great white north for the last couple weeks but I’ll give them a try.

The remote worked fine up until the last month or so when I started noticing the intermittent/failed responses. Alexa will change the channels and the panel buttons work but i obviously want the remote to work. If necessary I’ll get a new antenna and remote. It’s just a PITA when it’s not working properly. Cheers all…

Reactions: charlesrshell
First, as Bobby said, try a reboot first. I have seen this same problem resolved with a reboot many times over the years on my H3. Sometimes software is the culprit as well.

Second, I had a strange occurrence several months ago when I bought one of those new robovacs. I later figured out the docking station that was about 5 feet away from the H3 under a coffee table was interfering with the signal. Moved the robovac docking station and my remote issues resolved themselves.

So, make sure you don't have any new electronic devices that might be interfering with the signal. These remotes primarily use Bluetooth so think about those type of devices. Remember, Bluetooth isn't just for audio - lights, vacs, etc are using those same bands and MAY interfere.

So for me, the plot thickens. I seem to only have the problem during the day time. Once it’s dark outside, the remote works fine with no issues. During the day, it’s constantly freezing and missing button presses. Recently swapped out my receiver and same issue.

- H3
- 54.0, 54.1, 54.3
- SW- H315

I seem to only have the problem during the day time. Once it’s dark outside, the remote works fine with no issues.
Wild. Is the sun shining on the Hopper?

Yes, I am really grasping at straws considering the remotes supposedly use Zigbee and not IR...

Not a sun problem as this happens whether sunny or cloudy. Also the H3 is in the middle of the room, far away from windows. I’ve moved the H3 to different parts of the room, also tried an antenna extender, same outcome.

I’m grasping at straws too but I think this has to have something to do with my house or something electronic in my house. 5 remotes, 2 antennas, and 2 receivers later, I’m convinced this isn’t a Dish issue.

Not a sun problem as this happens whether sunny or cloudy. Also the H3 is in the middle of the room, far away from windows. I’ve moved the H3 to different parts of the room, also tried an antenna extender, same outcome.

I’m grasping at straws too but I think this has to have something to do with my house or something electronic in my house. 5 remotes, 2 antennas, and 2 receivers later, I’m convinced this isn’t a Dish issue.
What is on, electrically, during the day that is not at night? It certainly sounds as if something that is on during the day is interfering with your RF signal for your 54 remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)