Dish remote 54.0 learned codes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sgt940

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
I just upgraded my hopper 2 to hopper 3. So far love it. One exception on the 40.0 remote I had 4 learned codes that would allow me power up everything and do a couple of tv functions. The 54.0 shows it learns the codes but they do not work. Tried TV codes, amplifier codes, different buttons. Again shows to have learned the codes but they do not work as they did on the 40.0. Seems when you push the learned button you get a quick flash on the indicator, on the 40.0 you get a steady light until you release the button. Anyone successful with learning the 54.0 or experiencing the same issue

Am I just missing it (an altogether possible possibility!) or is there no "SEARCH" function on the 54.0? I use that fairly often with my other remotes. I like this new one - with that one exception.

Am I just missing it (an altogether possible possibility!) or is there no "SEARCH" function on the 54.0? I use that fairly often with my other remotes. I like this new one - with that one exception.

Voice search works good.

Yeah...the Voice Search button replaced the old regular search button. If you want to do a text search instead, you can hit the Voice (microphone) button followed by the adjacent OPTIONS button.

Just click the mic and hit options or select and the search page opens

Reactions: xfoneguy
Just click the mic and hit options or select and the search page opens
Well silly me! It never occurred to me to hit the "mic" button when I don't plan to talk! LOL!

Seriously though, I never use the voice-thing, so I guess I never noticed that. Fortunately your tip works even when I don't plan to talk, so that's cool......
Thanks Hip! You're .... well, you're one Hip (and cool) Kat!! :)

Reactions: dweber and HipKat
Well silly me! It never occurred to me to hit the "mic" button when I don't plan to talk! LOL!

Seriously though, I never use the voice-thing, so I guess I never noticed that. Fortunately your tip works even when I don't plan to talk, so that's cool......
Thanks Hip! You're .... well, you're one Hip (and Cool) Kat!! :)
There's probably some technical reason, but What I don't understand is why the "search" function wasn't an option for the 2 programmable keys on the bottom? That would've solved and cured all the ills and evils of the world ;)

I can only think they were thinking of choices that didn't have an assigned button on the remote and since the Voice part only works when a Hopper is connected to the internet, then it's basically a Search Button

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)