Dish Remote 54.0 - Use without pairing to Joey?

Popps

Original poster
Mar 22, 2020
Multnomah County, OR
I have a TV and other A/V components in another part of my house, not connected to my dish receiver. I have an extra dish remote 54.0 and I'd like to use it as a universal remote for that equipment. Possible?

Yes, but the setup needs to be done with the remote attached to a Dish reciever so you can see the parameters you are setting.

You will set up each device seperately but all the prompts (device brand and codes to input) will be on the screen through the Dish receiver.

Yes, but the setup needs to be done with the remote attached to a Dish reciever so you can see the parameters you are setting.

You will set up each device seperately but all the prompts (device brand and codes to input) will be on the screen through the Dish receiver.
And once you’re done pairing it to all your other devices, you can unpair it from the Joey

And once you’re done pairing it to all your other devices, you can unpair it from the Joey

I think I agree.

At one point, my A/V components were paired with the remote to the Joey. And then recently I moved some things and I no longer could control the devices with the 54.0 remote. So I pulled the batteries, put them back in, and voila, the remote works again.

My stuff is not connected to Dishnet/Joey and the remote works as a universal controller of a TV and A/V receiver. I am pleased :D

Reactions: HipKat