Dish Remote Access and 622HZ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

urban3ch0

Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
North America
I'm wanting to try out Dish Remote Access...it says if you have satellite through a telecom, go to dish*dot*sling*dot*com. It says the 622 is eligible for remote access. I actually have the 622HZ (homezone receiver). Has anyone got this to work with Dish Remote Access? I really would like to play with it, but can't get it to work at all. It says my receiver isn't connected to the internet.

How do you have the internet connected to the receiver? And have you done the network (IP address) setup on the sat receiver? If so, you ought to already be able to go to DishONLINE and access content over the internet. If that works, then you can proceed.

I think you need to go into the network setup and select a name for the sat receiver.

Then if you login to the dishnetwork.com website on your computer, you should be able to find the remote access section and login to it. You may have to enter in your serial number to get it to work.

Try all that and let us know. I'm not certain that the 622HZ will allow it, but I don't see why not since it is so similar to the ViP622.

Here's another thread abou that receiver for your reference: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/99967-t-622hz-homezone.html#post941240

I have the regular 622 hooked up to the internet through Homeplug, and I've got the remote scheduling to work.

It's not perfect, seems I sometimes have to reset the connection from my receiver or modem (which could be a modem or homeplug issue). But most the time it's fine.

kovach..do you have a 622vip or 622hz?

I have a wireless internet connection to the receiver using a 2wire wireless deal that ATT/Dish provided for homezone content...so I'm certain it's connected to the internet because I can play launchcast right now. But when I go to the remote access site and enter the receiver serial number, it says the receiver is not online.

you first have to set up the receiver and you will get an access code from your receiver. then i believe you log on to dish.sling.com and add your receiver and it will ask for that access code. been a while since i added mine though. it is useful except for my HD local listings are for a different DMA so i can't set a timer for those stations.

@bebop...I have the network settings page up on the tv and don't see a field for receiver name, so not sure where/how to name it.

@sethwell...do you have a 622hz? i haven't come across anything requesting an access code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts