Dish Remote Access and Slingbox

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

medarman

Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
USA
Ok I have a simple question. Does Dish remote access only work with a 722k and sling adapter or a 922?

I have a 622 and an original Slingbox. Under the dishonline.com account I see link sling account but when I enter my info it never does anything.

Ok I found out what I was doing wrong. From the FAQ:
How do I add a Slingbox for use with DISH Remote Access?

Go to Preferences->Receivers->Add a Slingbox. You will need your Finder ID and password to complete the process. Your Slingbox Finder ID can be found by running SlingPlayer application on your computer and selecting Help->About My Slingbox. The Finder ID is a 32 digit code.
I was try my sling.com account not the Finder ID.

Ok I found out what I was doing wrong. From the FAQ:
How do I add a Slingbox for use with DISH Remote Access?

Go to Preferences->Receivers->Add a Slingbox. You will need your Finder ID and password to complete the process. Your Slingbox Finder ID can be found by running SlingPlayer application on your computer and selecting Help->About My Slingbox. The Finder ID is a 32 digit code.
I was try my sling.com account not the Finder ID.

Thanks for posting this, never would've figured it out myself.;) Especially finding my Slingbox ID#. Now if I can get it to work-Dish site keeps saying to try again in a few minutes, they're system is being updated........:rolleyes:

Ed

Yes the site is definitely still in beta. I just want it to use sling on all my mobile devices without paying $30 per device.

I also love how the online chat guy told me only the 922 and Sling adapter are supported. It seems they have no idea whats going on and the site really isn't clear whats needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)