Dish Remote Access Android App Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got you now! I understand. To clarify some things first, the 921 is no longer (It was disco'd a while ago). That is an old receiver. The VIP 922 Slingloaded DVR is wicked, but not necessary. The Sling Adapter will suffice for viewing the TV via DRA. Going to the sling website on a PC will allow access to both Sling boxes you have. Are you saying that at one time the DRA on dishnetwork.com allowed you to login to your SlingBox and actually view programming?

The point I'm trying to make is that the dish remote access will not work with my sling box hd pro stand alone unit but will with the older slingbox solo av. I was just curious as to why. I know the sling adapter is needed for this to happen but just can't figure out why one will work and the other blocked without the adapter. I really don't need it but just noticed this while messing around with the dish remote access set up. Just an observation. This is about as clear as I can make it. sorry for the confusion. don't need a 922 as the sling media app works really good.

Using a Motorola cliq xt.Previously I could find app by searching for "Dish remote access"just not anymore.The android version I have is I believe 1.5 or there abouts.

I know on Dish `s site they have the bar code is that where I get the code to scan?

I scanned the barcode and when it came back with an answer it said that it didn't exist. I've tried using appbrain and it says it's down loading but it fails to install. what's up?

Were you on 3G? I had no trouble downloading and installing the update over wifi. (I have no data plan.) I used the Market app and used the Menu - Downloads button to see that GoogleMaps and Dish Remote Access had updates available. Then I hit the Update All button and away then went, both at once.

No i've tried it on wi-fi as well as 3G. I've even scanned the barcode I beleive i've told you that and it says it can 't find the app. I'm using a Motorola Cliq Xt with I beleive a version of droid that's 1.5 or so. This happened once before when i first looked for the app. Then I was able to find it. If you read my posts you'll see why Iremoved it and was hoping I could update the app but now I can't find it to download and install.

Ron

My daughter has a Motorola Cliq, so I could ask her to try it out. But I know that she already went to 2.something. Speaking of which, you might try upgrading past 1.5. Android is getting better and better.

I think my daughter plugged it into her computer to upgrade to 2.1 (I think). The Cliq is the one with the slide-out keyboard. The Cliq XT only has a virtual keyboard like my Samsung. I have never heard of a cxt. :(

If it is running Android 1.5 or 1.6, it probably won't see the app in the market. That would be the only reason it would not see it.

ronfelder said:
No i've tried it on wi-fi as well as 3G. I've even scanned the barcode I beleive i've told you that and it says it can 't find the app. I'm using a Motorola Cliq Xt with I beleive a version of droid that's 1.5 or so. This happened once before when i first looked for the app. Then I was able to find it. If you read my posts you'll see why Iremoved it and was hoping I could update the app but now I can't find it to download and install.

Ron

How do I update the Droid version? In my setup it checks for updates and says it's up to date. I suppose I need to go to Motorola's site and see what I can learn.

What I don't understand is my phone previously saw the app and downloaded it. But like the the app it stopped working 3G so trying to get the latest version I am now unable to find the app.

Ron

I've got a bit of a different issue than others. I've got the original Moto Droid and the Dish app exits immediately upon running it, with no errors or other messages. Screen goes black, then goes back to the desktop. I never get into the app at all. I've tried reinstalling, rebooting, etc. I was excited to see the recent update of the Dish app, figuring bug fixes would take care of it - but no change. My Droid is rooted and running Cyanogen 6.0.0 RC2, which is Android 2.2, though that does not necessarily have anything to do with it. I have over 50 apps installed and none of the others have a problem with the Cyanogen kernel. Thoughts?

I've got a bit of a different issue than others. I've got the original Moto Droid and the Dish app exits immediately upon running it, with no errors or other messages. Screen goes black, then goes back to the desktop. I never get into the app at all. I've tried reinstalling, rebooting, etc. I was excited to see the recent update of the Dish app, figuring bug fixes would take care of it - but no change. My Droid is rooted and running Cyanogen 6.0.0 RC2, which is Android 2.2, though that does not necessarily have anything to do with it. I have over 50 apps installed and none of the others have a problem with the Cyanogen kernel. Thoughts?

My concern here is that your rooted your phone. From what I understand when you got 2.2 that is not officially 2.2, you kind of excluded yourself from updates, like Droid 2.2.1. I was looking into the option before the official release of 2.2, but stopped when I saw the loss of support and updates when you do that. I also understood, from what I read at the time, that applications that required support from the official Droid O/S would possibly not work, such as the Flash release, etc. I can only imagine that without the "official" software, you are likely to have a hard time finding support on your platform. I too have the original Droid by Motorola, and my DRA works fine. That being said, it is likely your tampering may be causing the issue. You may be able to find support where you found the information about rooting, as I am pretty sure not even Motorola will help fix this app issue and I am almost certain it voided any warranty (except crushing insurance).

As far as your question Ron, the phone will automatically shut itself down and update when there is an update to the O/S itself. They typically release to select phones (as we do to select receivers) to avoid a bunch of phones playing "Lemmings" and dieing or freezing and having to replace all of them. It typically sends a message asking if its ok, and after a certain amount of time with no response it does the update without approval. It downloads and updates with no access to any phone functions whatsoever, unlike the applications which will download in the background. It is literally like when your computer shuts down for Windows Updates and leaves you on a screen saying do not power off or unplug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)