Dish Remote Access Android App Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
TonyT, DRA works on my 10" tablet, but the picture stutters whether high or low res - audio is fine. All other video is fine - youtube full screen hd, etc. Is DRA supposed to provide full screen on 10", or just phones. Anything special required for larger screens?

TonyT,Can you tell me why my Dish app will only show the Latino channels in my guide listing? I have cleared data, uninstalled and downloaded again. Once I log in it starts at channel 269-273 then 309 then 827-884. It won't show me any of my actual subscribed channels. I have AEP and do NOT subscribe to the Latino package.

This sounds to me like a preference setting gone crazy. Does it only happen when using the app, or can it be duplicated on PC? There may be something else weird as well. I have a few things we can try, so please PM me an account number and I can check into it for you. Honestly, been missing this thread for a while (it was my most exciting times!).

TonyT, DRA works on my 10" tablet, but the picture stutters whether high or low res - audio is fine. All other video is fine - youtube full screen hd, etc. Is DRA supposed to provide full screen on 10", or just phones. Anything special required for larger screens?

I assume this is a Droid tablet or something similar? "Stuttering" typically has to do with streaming. From the tablet try and do a network speedtest. Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test is my fave, personally. Go to that site, click begin test, it will test the whole bit and then show a result. There is a "Copy to Forum" link you can copy and paste to a PM. Also, regarding the size, I would have to be able to mimic the issue to find a "cure" so to speak. I believe it should be full size, but I have a contact who can verify all of that. In the PM, please include account specifics like a phone number or account number. Glad to help!

@RON, I will forward the update same as last time. Download it the same way and all should be golden (hopefully). Gonna take me a minute as I have to do it from my phone. Thanks for being patient on this.

Tony, couldn't use that speed test - this is a Superpad sold by Amazon, it has the latest Android 2.1 update on it, but of course there is no flash on 2.1. Other tests show speed between 3-8mbs, depending on the test. I get 15-20 on my desktop and wireless laptop, and it works flawlessly there. Don't know why its so low on the pad - i tried it's rj45 connection and wireless. . This 10" pad only has 256mb ram, instead of 512. Could that be the problem? It does have Arm 1Ghz processor. As I said, it Utube, videos etc without a hitch, and audio on the app is flawless.

Is there a Dish forum for users or a tech forum - I can't find a list of requirements to use the app, nor any "Help file" with any tech suggestions to help set up/troubleshoot the ap.

Tel# sent privately

It could very well be the problem. The issue here is it is a mobile O/S but not installed on a typically mobile device, like a phone or iPod. That being said, it may have to conform to "computer specs" in order to work glitch-free. I posted specs on another thread, but I will post them here as well. They are also available, in a much shorter format, at dishnetwork.com

Requirements
  • HD Content through DRA / dishonline.com
    • Network Bandwidth of 3 Mbps or better
    • PC
      • Intel 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo class processor or equivalent
      • 2 GB of RAM
      • Video acceleration support desirable on graphics card
      • Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
      • Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or later, Firefox 3.5 or later
    • Mac
      • Intel 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo class processor or equivalent
      • 2 GB of RAM
      • Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later
      • Browser: Safari 4.0 or later, Firefox 3.5 or later
  • SD Content through DRA / dishonline.com
    • Network Bandwidth upload of 600 Kbps or better
    • PC
      • Intel Pentium 4 class processor or equivalent
      • Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
      • Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or later, Firefox 3.5 or later
      • 256 MB RAM
    • Mac
      • Intel-based Mac
      • 2 GB of RAM
      • Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later
      • Browser: Safari 4.0 or later, Firefox 3.5 or later
  • SD Content through Mobile Device
    • DISH Remote Access mobile app installed on mobile device
    • Network Bandwidth upload of 150 Kbps or better
  • HD Content through Mobile Device
    • DISH Remote Access mobile app installed on mobile device
    • Network Bandwidth upload of 150 Kbps or better

Last edited:
Thanks for responding - I'm going to return the pad and try a 7" screen.

I just got my wife a new droid phone and she found the DRA app and loaded it.. I have 2 622s that the app sees, I can see the guides, recordings, etc.. when I try to play a recording it asks for the DVR password, where is that? Do I need a sling device attached to them or don't they just do this by themselves now?

Yes, you need a sling device. Since this is the 622, it can't be a Sling Adapter since that requires the 722/k.

We could look into upgrade options if you want to PM your account, or you can go to a SlingBox and get the desired results as well. Up to you how you want to proceed. If an upgrade is something you might be interested in, just PM me a phone number and I will see what the options are.

Wow, it looks like I found the right forum to compare notes. I bought a Garminfone last year. It is an Android OS. It is on T-Mobile. I bought the Sling Adapter and connected it to my DISH 722k around Thanksgiving 2010. It originally worked great! Then at some point it would work via wifi, but not on T-Mobile data. I even went from Android OS 1.6 (Donut) to Android 2.1 (Eclair). It did still work via 3G after to upgrade to 2.1, so it was a few weeks after that upgrade that it stopped working. Are we any closer to a solution on this? I even went so far as to stop at a T-Mobile store and try logging in on their Dell Streak and Samsung Galaxy Tablets, but it would not work on those devices either, so that has lead me to believe that the problem is not my Android device, but rather something else, probably the T-Mobile carrier.

DISH Remote Access has been working again for me the past few days on T-Mobile.

problems with latest upgrade to DISH app for Droid

Anyone else having issues with the latest version of DISH remote access for Droid? Prior to this last upgrade it worked great. After the recent upgrade it takes a minimum of 3 tries to get it to work. The app crashes on launch every time. EVERY TIME. Second time launching it will show your DVR programs and when you pick one to play it will either tell you your internet connection is not working or play live TV. Usually on the third try it will work but sometimes it takes 4 or 5 times to actually play your show. This is what happens every time I use it. Please fix what you broke! I don't know who to complain to since the app just directs you back to DISH and I am sure tech support does not deal with this stuff. Is there a tech support for the DISH app specifically? Thanks!

Yes I have same issue !.. Do wish there was a real place to post problems....If you go to Slings site they dont answer, nor have a support section for dish sling service....Dish has no real support ether????...We need a place to post questions, and give input for improvements!!

I have been trying to just get the hdmi output enabled on my Evo4g, dont even get a answer!!!! This is realy a hoaky joke at best!!!!!!

Anyone else having issues with the latest version of DISH remote access for Droid? Prior to this last upgrade it worked great. After the recent upgrade it takes a minimum of 3 tries to get it to work. The app crashes on launch every time. EVERY TIME. Second time launching it will show your DVR programs and when you pick one to play it will either tell you your internet connection is not working or play live TV. Usually on the third try it will work but sometimes it takes 4 or 5 times to actually play your show. This is what happens every time I use it. Please fix what you broke! I don't know who to complain to since the app just directs you back to DISH and I am sure tech support does not deal with this stuff. Is there a tech support for the DISH app specifically? Thanks!

Yes I have same issue !.. Do wish there was a real place to post problems....If you go to Slings site they dont answer, nor have a support section for dish sling service....Dish has no real support ether????...We need a place to post questions, and give input for improvements!!

I have been trying to just get the hdmi output enabled on my Evo4g, dont even get a answer!!!! This is realy a hoaky joke at best!!!!!!

I will get in touch with the platform manager today. I work very closely with him. Here is a good place to voice the concerns honestly, because it is literally a short chain to a fix. Basically, Satguys to me, to the platform manager. Just so I can explain to him what is happening, verify the software version for me, and then whats the last thing you see before the 'crash'?

I will get in touch with the platform manager today. I work very closely with him. Here is a good place to voice the concerns honestly, because it is literally a short chain to a fix. Basically, Satguys to me, to the platform manager. Just so I can explain to him what is happening, verify the software version for me, and then whats the last thing you see before the 'crash'?

Im using android software 1.2.1.1

I use a Sprint Evo4g....I use it on 3g most of the time.

I need the hdmi output enabled also! I have had a hava player and own a Vulcano, both have the hdmi enabled.

Would also be a must to hit power button to lose video and still have audio, both those place shifters have these options!!!!

See what I can request on the 'features request' angle, but I am thinking the app crashing is higher priority. I have not experienced any of this, on my older Droid by Motorola or my Droid X.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts