DISH remote access: any method to the madness?

WildBill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
Florida
I tried to use the Dish remote access via the website while on vacation. The results were confusing to say the least! First of all, the online guide seemed to show every local station with the same channel #s as my SD locals whether in my DMA or not, but left out all of my HD locals. I tried recording several programs on my SD local channels without success. Of three programs I tried to record on the Golf channel, one recorded, two didn't. One movie on Starz recorded OK.

Is there any way to determine what will record and what won't? Seemed like a great feature until I tried to use it!

Yeah the locals are screwed up. It shows all my locals on the grud, but all the programming listed is not whats on those stations.

Everything that is non local is good though.

my hd locals have program info for Tucson, AZ stations yet i am in Arkansas! very frustrating. really wish they would get that fixed, i cannot set a timer for those stations and it would come in handy when i am traveling.

I don't have an internet connection to my receiver, so I can't check the schedule when I'm out of town. But I think I'll try again while I'm home so I can see whether the programs I set to record online even get scheduled on the machine.

I tried out the iPhone app for this. It shows the ability to play shows from my DVR on my phone. When I play them I get what looks to be a cover page for the show but no actual video content. Do I need the new sling dvr to see the video on my iPhone?

ViP 211k Remote Access

Are there any plans for the 211k to have the Remote Access and/or the Dish Online function?

I tried to use the Dish remote access via the website while on vacation. The results were confusing to say the least! First of all, the online guide seemed to show every local station with the same channel #s as my SD locals whether in my DMA or not, but left out all of my HD locals. I tried recording several programs on my SD local channels without success. Of three programs I tried to record on the Golf channel, one recorded, two didn't. One movie on Starz recorded OK.

Is there any way to determine what will record and what won't? Seemed like a great feature until I tried to use it!
Haven't had any problems but don't use the feature all that often either.

Ross

Remote Access has been showing me out of area local HD stations for months. Is anyone working on this? I emailed, but could not get a coherent response.

Any timeline for a fix? Makes me want to wait before investing in the 922.

Thx.

Don't hold your breath. I have been e-mailing the executive offices and also contacting the twitter team. The response is always "someone at sling is working on it, we will get back to you".

I can only imagine that we are a small minority and an extremely low priority.

Mitch

Sorry to resurrect this thread... I wanted to record the local news for this evening but won't be home in time so I tried the remote access again. Like others, the guide info (programming only, not station IDs) is wrong for me. In my case, it's showing station "KMEG" for my local CBS. KMEG is channel 13 (not sure what their digital # is) but my CBS is channel 7.

Did a chat with Dish and was told to logout of remote-access and pull plug on receiver... Well, since I'm trying to use remote access, there's a slim chance I ain't home, don't you think ? :D

Interesting... I used remote-access to record the channel I wanted at the time I wanted even though the "name" of the program was wrong for my local channel. I wanted to record the news from 5-5:30 and 5:30-6 but the Sling guide showed "Let's Make A Deal" from 5-6. Looking at the DVR list now at home and it also shows "Let's Make A Deal", 1 hour long. Let's see what actually recorded.

Heh ! It actually recorded "Let's Make A Deal" from 3-4pm ! It looks like using remote-access uses Dish Pass to some degree... I wonder if I needed to do a manual recording now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)