Upgrading with Welcome Pack. Can I go back/

BengalsFan24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
im wanting to upgrade to at100 get espnu for the softball series including the salection show tonight. i have owned equipmant. can i go back to welcome pack when the softball is over since i own my equipmant or am i forced to stay at at least family or above?

once you go off of welcome pack you cannot get it back

Family would be the lowest package then you could get. Or you could get just locals since you own the equipment (but would pay 6 bucks for no package)

once you go off of welcome pack you cannot get it back

Family would be the lowest package then you could get. Or you could get just locals since you own the equipment (but would pay 6 bucks for no package)

However, from news from the Team Summit, the Dish Family pack will also no longer be offered after June 3 so you would also not be able to go to that package either. You would have to go to a more expensive package.

Didn't there used to be a law or something that providers should offer family packs or was that just something "nice" Dish and DirecTV were doing for a while?

If I were you, I would check into ESPN3 (formerly ESPN360.com) and see if I were in an area that offered it and my setup (or connection) could support it. They are offering several games each day (according to their online schedule) beginning on May 21. I'd rather watch it on television but like you, I'm enjoying my Welcome Package, Encore channels and locals. I'm not pulling the trigger on any changes now because it was phased out, I believe, on February 1. And it isn't that painful to watch it on computer. I'm figuring I'll be purchasing a new television with a USB connection availability sometime later this year. I'm currently using a tube television but could honestly probably watch it on television if I just did some kind of alternate setup (or there could even be a way through my PS3). Regardless, though, you should look into ESPN3 as an option. They also offer replays on many games after the live airing.

Customers with Welcome Package right now, is it true they cannot make any changes including adding programming to the account? Otherwise, they will loss the welcome pack.

As I understand it, if you presently have DISH family you will be "grandfathered in." You will not have to switch to a bigger package after June 3rd. However, after June the 3rd DISH Family will not be an option for new or existing customers.
I'm betting not enough people signed up with DISH Family to make it worth fooling with. I'm not opposed to a "family freindly" package, but let's face it, once you add the networks (ABC,CBS,NBC) you have pretty well invalidated the family frendliness of it.

Customers with Welcome Package right now, is it true they cannot make any changes including adding programming to the account? Otherwise, they will loss the welcome pack.

you can add the out of market sports packs last I checked

you can add the out of market sports packs last I checked

I thought you had to have at least AT100+ to subscribe to it. I was able to keep Center Ice, KTLA and Encore Movie Package. My brother has since added RFDTV (and he has Welcome Package). He isn't too thrilled with the channel now but he is afraid to remove it as he is afraid he will lose the package. I'd be more afraid of dumping something than adding anything to it. I'm going to check on the Sports Pack, though.

I didnt say the RSN sports pack, I said the out of market package like NHL CI, Full Court, NBA LP...them :)

The RSN sports pack requires AT120+ or greater

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)