Dish Remote Access can view DVR, but Dish Online can't.

oryan_dunn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Indiana
Just got the Sling Adapter, connected it, and tried to view TV from the computer. The Dish Online portal says that it can't connect to the DVR, but the DVR (a 722) shows it's online and connected. If I open the Dish Remote Access webpage, I can see all the recordings on my DVR. How do I get the Dish Online to work so I can watch my programs online? I've tried resetting the 722, but that didn't help.

Will you PM your phone number or account number? I want to see if I can recreate the issue.

Also include your username and password that you use to login for both

Just got the Sling Adapter, connected it, and tried to view TV from the computer. The Dish Online portal says that it can't connect to the DVR, but the DVR (a 722) shows it's online and connected. If I open the Dish Remote Access webpage, I can see all the recordings on my DVR. How do I get the Dish Online to work so I can watch my programs online? I've tried resetting the 722, but that didn't help.
I just installed my Sling Adapter on my 722k and it also works fine on Dish Remote Access. I can not, however, view anything live via Dish Online.

I called Dish and was told it's not supposed to work on Dish Online, only on DRA.

I'm suspicious of that answer, however.

Make sure your connecting to the proper receiver (you may need to change what receiver you're looking at in the top right), otherwise PM me your account info, we were able to fix it for the OP another way.

Thanks to Matt, I now have both DRA and Dishonline working, but it didn't require Matt's super duper secret. What he said to do was to reset the broadband connection and reboot (power button) the 722. After that I went to dishonline and selected My receiver instead of My sling adapter, at this point a pop up said I needed a Sling program for Firefox, I installed that and all is well now. I have had this pop up for Sling program in the past, but it never fixed the problem, I assume something was changed to make it work properly.
Dan

Thanks to Matt, I now have both DRA and Dishonline working, but it didn't require Matt's super duper secret. What he said to do was to reset the broadband connection and reboot (power button) the 722. After that I went to dishonline and selected My receiver instead of My sling adapter, at this point a pop up said I needed a Sling program for Firefox, I installed that and all is well now. I have had this pop up for Sling program in the past, but it never fixed the problem, I assume something was changed to make it work properly.
Dan

Well, All is not well today. At Dishonline I again can't access my DVR.
Dan

Well, All is not well today. At Dishonline I again can't access my DVR.
Dan
the moment you try at DishOnline.com .. do you manually log out there (not just close browser or type in a new URL) and then log into Dish Remote Access and get thorugh?

I find that DishOnline acts up *less* if I manually log out ... and then log back into Dish Online.. wait for it to come up and then do "refresh" once or twice.. I have even less problems with Dish Remote Access, and prefer its lack of hulu and connected content grabs.. (ie.. if I click on "my dvr" I want stuff from *my dvr only* or to have that extraneous crap on a seperate tab...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)