DISH Remote Access Down Again?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
hopefully that will help ... there are those that have had problems getting i* (ipad / ipod / iphone / iwhatever) updates ... and manually forcing the check etc.. so... hopefully if the software is removed, and reinstalled it might reset something that it isn't getting .... like a new logon/key id or some other bit of data that is hidden behind the veil.

Still no luck here...

Matt G from the DIRT team tried last night and got right in...

I removed the app, rebooted the iPad then installed it, logged in and just have it sit there saying Initializing.

I am now wondering if my issue has to do with iOS 5 Beta 6 which I am running...

Still working fine for me. I am running iOS 4.3.3.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Attachments

• image-4225538164.png
    image-4225538164.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 90
Still no luck here...

I removed the app, rebooted the iPad then installed it, logged in and just have it sit there saying Initializing.
I am now wondering if my issue has to do with iOS 5 Beta 6 which I am running...
what happens if when you get the initializing you log out and log back in again? I'm wondering if its suffering from the same authentication issue I've seen in windows with IE through "the cloud"

the only other way to find out.. would be to run the iphone on wifi ... have your router logging packets so you can see where the iphone is going when it opens up the application. If the ip's hit are part of Amazon's cloud servers ... then most likely you're experiencing "that authentication problem" ... there's not really any other way to describe it.. the app goes out... tries to connect through the cloud.. what ever the cloud is doing isn't completing.. and then doesn't hand back a redirection for the app to actually get to the streaming servers.

Still no luck here...

I have literally been scouring the internet looking for this exact response. Since I updated my iPad to iOS 5 Beta 2 (and all the following ones) - the application has been broken (stuck on Initializing). I can soundly say this is definitely the issue. I had the Beta on my iPhone and it too was stuck at the Initializing page. Once I downgraded it back to iOS4, the application once again works. Not the answer I was looking for, but at least AN answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts