DISH Remote Access for Blackberry 9700

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Doppelbok67

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
In the mitten
Does anybody here use the DISH Remote Access app for Blackberry? A few days ago, all of a sudden the app stopped connecting on my Bold 9700 and ever since then I get the message 'Unable to connect. Retry?'

I've done battery pulls, soft resets and hard resets on the phone. I've made sure that my Slingbox adapter is working with my DISH 722k receiver, and have verifed that because I can watch DISH Online on my computer. I've done a clean uninstall and reinstall of the DISH Remote Access app to my phone, but still get the 'unable to connect' message, whether I try with 2G/3G or with Wifi. All other apps on my phone are working perfectly, and I have internet, so I refuse to believe it's my phone.

I've had DIRT open up a call for me, and MattG has been attempting to help, but before that I also talked to a DISH CSR, who really had no idea what the Blackberry app even was, telling me she never had anyone even ask about the thing, ever. It's not very surprising to hear that, because this app has been in beta and the same version for nearly a year, which makes me think that DISH in general has forgotten about it.

Anyway, is anyone here having the same issues logging in with the Blackberry DRA app? :confused:

Does anybody here use the DISH Remote Access app for Blackberry? A few days ago, all of a sudden the app stopped connecting on my Bold 9700 and ever since then I get the message 'Unable to connect. Retry?'

I've done battery pulls, soft resets and hard resets on the phone. I've made sure that my Slingbox adapter is working with my DISH 722k receiver, and have verifed that because I can watch DISH Online on my computer. I've done a clean uninstall and reinstall of the DISH Remote Access app to my phone, but still get the 'unable to connect' message, whether I try with 2G/3G or with Wifi. All other apps on my phone are working perfectly, and I have internet, so I refuse to believe it's my phone.

I've had DIRT open up a call for me, and MattG has been attempting to help, but before that I also talked to a DISH CSR, who really had no idea what the Blackberry app even was, telling me she never had anyone even ask about the thing, ever. It's not very surprising to hear that, because this app has been in beta and the same version for nearly a year, which makes me think that DISH in general has forgotten about it.

Anyway, is anyone here having the same issues logging in with the Blackberry DRA app? :confused:

Not ONE person?? Okay, is there anyone out there who has it working fine on their Blackberry? :eek:

I think they just stopped support for a device like a BlackBerry that isn't "hip" like an iFad or Android. I am a BlackBerry user myself and feel like an outlaw. DRA for BlackBerry was in beta since about a year and a half now and I suspect they simply lost interest on further development and thus shut it down. No app remains in beta that long, and only a couple of models were supported anyways. It is a sport anymore to bash anything made by RIM and instead hyping with Apple and Android.
So you might better get used to be an outsider.

ralfyguy, I hope that was a little bit of sarcasm... but I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, unfortunately. Yes, I know it's been beta for a few years, but here's the kicker... it was working fine until last Wednesday afternoon! It does seem like they've shut off access. I just wish someone at Dish could give us a definite answer (MattG and DIRT?) My Blackberry days are over, but unfortunately I still have about 7 months to go on my contract... I'm moving to Android after this. But it's going to stink not having DRA on my phone until then, if the BB app is no longer available... :mad:

I think they just silently shut the project down. Nobody cares about BB anymore. There is so much apple and android hype, maybe it is just too embarassing for them to support BB. That is the reason I stick with them. I will not participate in the hype no matter what.

Good thing that I checked the forums, I though that I was doing something incorrectly. I have a BB and the Dish Remote Access was working fine until last week. I’m getting the error “Unable to connect. Retry?” every time that I try to log into it with my BB, however is works perfectly with my wife HTC EVO cell phone.

Can anyone from the DIRT can confirm if the service was shut down for the BlackBerry users?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts