Dish Remote Access (iOS) Remote function and Hopper?

viggen61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
I recently upgraded to the Hopper, and I was trying to use the remote control functionality in the Dish Remote Access iOS apps. I have the most recent versions from the App Store for my iPad 2 and my iPhone 4, and iOS is 5.1.1 on both.

On the iPad, the remote icon is not in the top bar, and on the iPhone, there is no "Remote" item in the "More" menu.

On both devices, I can see my Hopper, I can see all my DVR recordings, I can set it to record something, delete, etc. so it is seeing the Hopper across the interwebs.

I've dug through the settings on the Hopper, and on my devices, but I can't seem to find anything that might affect this function. Am I missing something, or is this a "coming soon" function? :confused:

Oh, last I looked, my Hopper was still at S217. That was probably Sunday. I haven't looked today, and I couldn't last night during PTAT.

Thanks!

The remote option of DRA went away for me as well when I moved up to the hopper. Previously for my 722 it was exactly where you stated, but as soon as it synced to my Hopper I no longer had the remote. Too bad as I used it a lot on my 722, even as laggy as it was at times.

Lovely. I hope they are working on it, as they feature the remote control prominently on the web and in the app store. An if Hopper is the only setup going out to new installs...

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I used it with my hopper and it was on 221 software. Before using dish remote access with 217 software , it wouldn't work at all. But now with 221 it works like it should. I haven't been able to do that since I had the 722k in June.

I used it with my hopper and it was on 221 software. Before using dish remote access with 217 software , it wouldn't work at all. But now with 221 it works like it should. I haven't been able to do that since I had the 722k in June.

Mike, please tell me where you see the remote control in the DRA app? It is most definitely not on my iPhone app under the More menu like it was when I had the 722. I don't dispute that the app works for schduling and playing content with my Hopper, but the remote control application is most definitely gone (allowed you to pause, skip forward, skip back, etc etc).

Still no-go here. 221 software on the Hoppah, latest versions of the iPad and iPhone apps, but no option for remote control of the Hopper in either iOS app. I've looked into every setting I can find, but I can't locate anything on the Hopper or the apps to switch "on" to get it working.

I CAN see my recordings, so I know it is connecting to the hopper.

Do I have to set up something? Do I need a Sling Adapter? Something is missing, I just can't find what!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-3107231088.png
    image-3107231088.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 217
  • image-3758218420.jpg
    image-3758218420.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Mike, please tell me where you see the remote control in the DRA app? It is most definitely not on my iPhone app under the More menu like it was when I had the 722. I don't dispute that the app works for schduling and playing content with my Hopper, but the remote control application is most definitely gone (allowed you to pause, skip forward, skip back, etc etc).

I am using DISH remote access on my home computer , not an I phone app on a mobile device. The play ,pause, skip forward, etc are on the bottom of the screen as you play the item. On the left side of the menu there is an ADD Recording feature and from there you can create a manual or DISH pass timer. The little stand alone remote control is gone on the menu. It seems to work more like the sling player app I saw using my stand alone Sling pro hd box, when I had that box.

Its too bad they removed it, while I didn't use it much, it did come in handy when I couldn't find my remote and I wanted to quickly do something.

I am using DISH remote access on my home computer , not an I phone app on a mobile device. The play ,pause, skip forward, etc are on the bottom of the screen as you play the item. On the left side of the menu there is an ADD Recording feature and from there you can create a manual or DISH pass timer. The little stand alone remote control is gone on the menu. It seems to work more like the sling player app I saw using my stand alone Sling pro hd box, when I had that box.

Ahh, thank you sir. I always have my phone next to me so, like Scott, I used it when the wife had the remote across the room and wasn't paying attention to recorded commercial breaks.

Oh well, can we find out why they removed it Scott and if it was unintentional get it put back?? :confused:

Ahh, thank you sir. I always have my phone next to me so, like Scott, I used it when the wife had the remote across the room and wasn't paying attention to recorded commercial breaks.

Oh well, can we find out why they removed it Scott and if it was unintentional get it put back?? :confused:

;)That's why we each have our own remotes.;)

Dudleydog73 said:

I was just thinking (wishing?) maybe it will reappear when Bluetooth is enabled... :D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)