Dish Remote Access prob & Changes w/ Eastern Arc

SickPup404

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
OK,

Two part question here.

1. Dish Remote Access is not working for some reason. When I try to access the web page, it says my ViP622 is not connected. I get an IP address from my router when I go through the broadband setup/reset, and I see it on my router. (My SlingBox Solo fried, so I wanted to get the Remote Access working, so this is the first time trying this.) Are there ports that need to be opened or forwarded on the router?

2. My current setup is Dish 500 looking at the 110/119 birds and a wing dish on the 61.5 bird. I own all my equipment - two 301's, a 508, and a ViP622. I did an online chat with Dish about the WHUP615 program and got two answers from their CSR - I needed to lease new receivers that "required" professional installation, then when I said I wanted them mail to me, they said the program didn't apply and I didn't need to do anything. I asked to chat with their supervisor, and when I did, they gave me the same two answers in the same order when I said the same things. I've been a customer for 11+ years and have always done my own installs (have a separate "service" address to get locals). I currently have America's Everything Pack and have decided to drop the two 301's, drop the 508, and drop to the AT250, so I will only have the ViP622. Do I still need the 1000.4 dish/LNB to get just AT250 on the ViP622? I'm stumped as to why they won't just drop ship a dish and let me put it up, and I don't want to lease...

OK,

Two part question here.

1. Dish Remote Access is not working for some reason. When I try to access the web page, it says my ViP622 is not connected. I get an IP address from my router when I go through the broadband setup/reset, and I see it on my router. (My SlingBox Solo fried, so I wanted to get the Remote Access working, so this is the first time trying this.) Are there ports that need to be opened or forwarded on the router?
Did you do the "Web Activation" option on the Broadband Setup screen??

You need the EA setup to get your current and future HD programming. Some/most HD is moving from 61.5 to 72.7. EA will get you 61.5, 72.7 & 77. Dish is trying to get everyone on to either WA or EA. Your hybrid setup, same as I had, will not get you all the programming you are paying for.

You need the EA setup to get your current and future HD programming. Some/most HD is moving from 61.5 to 72.7. EA will get you 61.5, 72.7 & 77. Dish is trying to get everyone on to either WA or EA. Your hybrid setup, same as I had, will not get you all the programming you are paying for.

Thx for the answer. How silly is it that I don't want the hassle of trying to deal with them? Anyone have any luck on just getting a 1000.4 out of a CSR???

Not that I've heard of. They seem to be big on having an installer show up. Maybe they're looking for "movers" or maybe the aiming is such a PIA it's better to do it upfront.

1) That DRA issue seems to be wide spread with all different types of receivers.

2)Go to a local retailer. With that 1004 setup all your receivers will have to be VIPs or they will not work. Local retailer you can find on Dish's site.

If you do not need locals, I would just swing the 500 dish to the 72 sat and you would receive all the channels. I have seen the 1000.4 dishes on ebay going for as low as $60 if you want the complete EA.

I have eastern arc and a 722k. -my DRA is screwy most of the time. When I access it from my iphone I usually have to let it sit stagnate for a few min then it connects. When I load it via the web it also usually takes a few min. I could probably count on one hand how many times its been an instant access. I figure/hope its a software glitch that will eventually go away...

Also, if I go to my account on dishnetwork.com, it says my receiver is not connected to the BB. (and its connected and I connect to it all of the time)

---

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)