Another Unreturned Receiver Story

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Well I dropped Dish 6/23. You can search back if you really need to know. Typical reasons: receiver fees, unwillingness to correct an improper install at day 92, etc. So I switched to D*.

Well one person keeps going into the D* forum saying that "I will never go back to D*, because they charged an unreturned receiver fee." Well this problem is not unique to D* and needs to be addressed by both.

Story:

On 6/23 I cancelled after 12 years of "I see you're one of our best customers". Was told I needed to return one of my 622's and a 211. Woah, wait a minute. I own that 211. So I sent a copy of the receipt directly to the CEO offices, and of course CC'd Jim and Charlie. I received a phone call within an hour saying, "That is one of the clearest receipts we have ever seen." I will change that immediately.

Received my box and immediately sent the 622 and received a verification from Dish. Fast forward about 3 weeks. I start getting phone calls and visits from UPS saying "we're here to pick up a box for Dish Network". I told them I had nothing to return and they cancelled the calls. I immediately called Dish and they again said, your account is closed in good standing, and you don't owe us anything.

A couple days later I start receiving automated calls saying your credit card is about to be charged if you don't send back the receiver. Again I call and they say "Don't worry, you don't owe us anything".

Fast forward again to 8/30 and I get the nasty green bill saying we are charging you on 9/13 for not returning this receiver. Again I call, give them all the dates of my calls, e-mails, receipts, etc. and ask why I'm being charged $200 plus tax for this receiver. They found all of the notes, operator ID's matched my conversations, including the executive offices, etc. Oh, we'll reverse the charge and make a permanent note to your account since the executive offices were involved.

I have a feeling this will not be the end of it. So using the poster's logic, I guess I should never consider returning to Dish. If they get their act together and start being customer friendly like they used to be, I would have no problem coming back.

S~

Sometimes a down situation will just get worse till it emplodes, and is corrected:)

Many years ago I paid my AMEX bill of 15 grand having bought lots of stuff for my business.

Paid the bill on time:) Started getting calls then nasty grams from AMEX.

Sent them copise of cancelled check, still calls:(

They FINALLY determined they had credited a mr hooler who happened to be one digit off my account number. by this time they had frozen my account for non payment and tried to blame me for their clerical error.

it all worked out eventually but stuff like this drives me right around the bend.

and is another reason I refuse to lease anything.!!

it all worked out eventually but stuff like this drives me right around the bend.

So since you are with comcast now? I take it you don't have any of their receivers, whereas I am sure they don't let you purchase theirs and you must pay a monthly "lease or receiver" fee?

It's called computers. Once programmed by a no mind operator they will carry out all the instructions programmed in it as long as your account number is in the que. Things were better when actual people did things.

Sometimes a down situation will just get worse till it emplodes, and is corrected:)

Many years ago I paid my AMEX bill of 15 grand having bought lots of stuff for my business.

Paid the bill on time:) Started getting calls then nasty grams from AMEX.

Sent them copise of cancelled check, still calls:(

They FINALLY determined they had credited a mr hooler who happened to be one digit off my account number. by this time they had frozen my account for non payment and tried to blame me for their clerical error.

Too bad there isn't a credit card customers' forum where you could herald the demise of American Express, and proselytize to everyone about how happy you are now with Mastercard. :)

It's called computers. Once programmed by a no mind operator they will carry out all the instructions programmed in it as long as your account number is in the que. Things were better when actual people did things.

Yes, but computers can be programmed to do what we want them to do. It just requires good programming and the system functions correctly. Dish Network just need to work on their computer systems and half of these problems would go away.

RandallA said:
Yes, but computers can be programmed to do what we want them to do. It just requires good programming and the system functions correctly. Dish Network just need to work on their computer systems and half of these problems would go away.

That's very correct... But we are dealing with a company that has a hard time delivering stable DVR software. I would think they handle the other stuff in house too.

Too bad there isn't a credit card customers' forum where you could herald the demise of American Express, and proselytize to everyone about how happy you are now with Mastercard. :)

I didnt hate them it was just a PIA clerical error AMEX is a good company.

Any company can make a one off mistake.......

its when miss treatment becomes chronic that I get pissed

It is called operator typo. As you said, computers do what they are told to do.

Actually, actual people are the ones that make the mistakes, not the computer.

Well E software has been released with NO LIMITS, that is a user can crash a receiver thru normal operation.

If everyone who had software issues at least once E would have nearly no customers...

Well,

Now October 24 and I am still battling this. I have now filed a dispute with my CC company, after being charged when I was told 6 different times that I would not be, the BBB of Colorado, and the California Attorney General's Office.

S~

I have a similar unreturned receiver story. In September I replaced my son's 211k with a replacement receiver from DISH. Sent the old one back in the box provided and even received an email from DISH saying: We have received your receiver ,thanks for sending it back on September 21,2010. Well Guess what? My Bill for next month, to be debited on November 5th ,shows an unreturned equipment charge of $200.00 on top of my regular bill . I called Last Sunday a week ago to talk to a csr and she said after checking with someone , that I had returned the receiver and they had it. So she took the charge off and said I would see it within 3 business days. Well Wednesday I checked and there was still a $200.00 charge and no changes to my bill. So I wrote an email to ceo@echostar.com and asked them to make sure that I wouldn't be charged the extra amount. I also took my account off of credit card autopay and paper less billing. Which brings me to this Sunday at 6:30pm where I received a call from the Ceo office. He assured me that my bill had been changed and I would see the $200.00 credit on the bill to be generated for December 5th. He also said it was good that I took my account off of auto pay or they would of charged me the full $200.00 plus my regular charge. So I guess I will see if this turns out alright by November.

MikeD-C05 said:
I have a similar unreturned receiver story. In September I replaced my son's 211k with a replacement receiver from DISH. Sent the old one back in the box provided and even received an email from DISH saying: We have received your receiver ,thanks for sending it back on September 21,2010. Well Guess what? My Bill for next month, to be debited on November 5th ,shows an unreturned equipment charge of $200.00 on top of my regular bill . I called Last Sunday a week ago to talk to a csr and she said after checking with someone , that I had returned the receiver and they had it. So she took the charge off and said I would see it within 3 business days. Well Wednesday I checked and there was still a $200.00 charge and no changes to my bill. So I wrote an email to ceo@echostar.com and asked them to make sure that I wouldn't be charged the extra amount. I also took my account off of credit card autopay and paper less billing. Which brings me to this Sunday at 6:30pm where I received a call from the Ceo office. He assured me that my bill had been changed and I would see the $200.00 credit on the bill to be generated for December 5th. He also said it was good that I took my account off of auto pay or they would of charged me the full $200.00 plus my regular charge. So I guess I will see if this turns out alright by November.

Yikes E is getting as bad as D in the them claiming the reciever was unreturned when they recieved it departent.

Well, I got a return call last night from an extremely high up, let's just say higher than the ERT, who got into investigating why I was charged and hadn't been creditied. Seems the audit department denied the credit without even looking at my account notes. Needless to say this person wasn't very happy and made sure the credit went out in yesterday's batch. I'll check in a few days to see if my CC was credited.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)