Dish Remote Access says receiver offline

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steish

Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
nj
Hope someone can help, spent the better part of today scouring the web for a solution and calling dish tech support was of little help.

722k receiver connected to broadband via a linksys game router. I can download video on demand and successfully set up recordings from the dish remote access website. However the "MyDVR" button on the website remains "grayed out" so I cannot manage my recordings/DVR space, etc. (I am not trying to view the programs on my DVR online since I don't have a slingbox.) Going to Preferences -> Receiver says my receiver is not online.

On the receiver, I've reset the network connection, then checked it under Diagnostics. Both of those tests report the receiver is connected. Only the MyDVR tab remains grayed out and the Preferences -> Receiver on the website reports it as offline.

This is a new system and I got everything to work a few days ago, including the MyDVR tab. I can think of nothing that changed on my end to make it fail so weirdly now. Any suggestions are appreciated

Hope someone can help, spent the better part of today scouring the web for a solution and calling dish tech support was of little help.

722k receiver connected to broadband via a linksys game router. I can download video on demand and successfully set up recordings from the dish remote access website. However the "MyDVR" button on the website remains "grayed out" so I cannot manage my recordings/DVR space, etc. (I am not trying to view the programs on my DVR online since I don't have a slingbox.) Going to Preferences -> Receiver says my receiver is not online.

On the receiver, I've reset the network connection, then checked it under Diagnostics. Both of those tests report the receiver is connected. Only the MyDVR tab remains grayed out and the Preferences -> Receiver on the website reports it as offline.

This is a new system and I got everything to work a few days ago, including the MyDVR tab. I can think of nothing that changed on my end to make it fail so weirdly now. Any suggestions are appreciated
Mine works that way, too. Also on my grid, there are locals shown in Duluth, Minn, and in North Dakota as well as mine in Oregon. Methinks they have a problem. Dishonline works OK.

Ben

My "DVR" is greyed out, too. I get the following error when I click on it. Is this what you get as well?

You have attempted to access a feature that requires your receiver to be connected to your home broadband network. Please ensure your receiver is currently connected to the Internet. If you are still experiencing issues, please try the following steps on your receiver:

1. Press Menu on the remote
2. Select System Setup (6), Installation (1) then Broadband Setup (9)
3. Select Network Setup (1), then Reset Connection

Once you have confirmed you are online, just refresh your browser and click on the My DVR tab.

If you continue to have issues with your network connectivity, please search the keyword "broadband" at <a href="http://www.dishnetwork.com/askdish" target='dishnetwork'>www.dishnetwork.com/askdish</a> for additional assistance.

Dish Remote Access is not working tonight on my 612 receiver... both the access via the Dish website and via the iPhone app both suggest my receiver is not connected- and that is not the case. It had worked fine for several days up until tonight.

I have reset the broadband connection within the Dish menu screens, unplugged my router/SlingLink/etc., and rebooted the Dish receiver. According to the Dish menu via the 612 receiver I am connected and all the IP/DNS information is accurate.

Are others experiencing this problem or is this issue isolated to random receivers on an episodic basis?

Thanks,

Didn't see your post until this morning, but mine is working at this time. I have no idea if it would've worked last night or not.

It seems to be hit and miss. The only time I can see myself ever actually using the feature, other than for novelty, would be to set a recording I'd forgotten previously. I can imagine that when I actually need it to work, it won't.

There are 2 keywords there: 612 and router. I don't know if the 612 can be trusted, glad I don't have one. Routers are notoriously finicky about address and connections. On my DSL with only one outlet (dumb) I use a 8-way switch (for input, 2 722s, computer, and 2 remote sites--that's 6 ways) and a 5-way switch (for input, printer, and 2 computers--that's 4 ways) upstairs from that. A switch does not have the blocking capability of a router and that may be for the good. It is a lot faster pass through though.

-Ken

Thanks for the input. Earlier this morning my Dish Remote Access had been restored. I am going to assume it was an issue on Dish's end...but who knows? We will see how long this streak of successful accessibility lasts.

Have been having the same problem for about a week. Never had a problem up until now. I'm guessing this is a dish issue not mine since I can still set recordings. Generally I only use the feature if we forget to set up a recording or find we won't be home, unexpectedly, but if it is supposed to work I expect it too. We do pay for it as part of our service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)