dish remote access

Nashoba

Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
The great state of Texas
Hi - I am new here and new to Dish. We had our service put in last week. I have my VIP722 DVR hooked into my Actiontec GT724R router/modem, via ethernet cable, I have McAfee running also. I cannot get the remote access website to recognize that the DVR is connected online. I have tried resetting the connection throughthe menu, it comes right back and shows connected online again. tried powering down both the VIP722 and the router and restarting.
The menu in Dish shows it as "connected online", but the activation screen at dish.sling shows it is not connected.
McAfee and the router both show the status of the DVR as an "unknown" item.
I am not sure what, if any, ports I need to open in the router also unsure of how to get Mcafee to recognize it on the network and not just show it as "unknown" with an IP address.
I would appreciate any help with this, it's driving me crazy!
Thanks in advance

In case anyone else ever has to solve this problem- It was due to a router issue. Had to open the ports to the "unknown" box attached to my network. Apparently Dish thinks that people should just know how to do this on their own as there is no information anywhere on the site about port forwarding on a router. Did find a little blip about it on their tech forum, but, their port numbers were still wrong.

Typically, you don't have to tinker with port forwarding at all. I've run a couple of different routers and never had to do anything special for my ViP622 to work with Sling Guide.

I just plugged my 722 into my router and all was well....

Recently made a direct Cat 5e cable connection to my 722K from my Airport router. Went to the screen activation page and, while it showed status as "connected online," would not complete the Web Activation drill. However, it does show on the DISH Remote Access site, so it's all good. Guess you can't always trust what DISH sez:)

In case anyone else ever has to solve this problem- It was due to a router issue. Had to open the ports to the "unknown" box attached to my network. Apparently Dish thinks that people should just know how to do this on their own as there is no information anywhere on the site about port forwarding on a router. Did find a little blip about it on their tech forum, but, their port numbers were still wrong.

So what ports did you have to open? I just replaced my router with one from Zyxel and all 3 of my DVRs are intermittently Offline through Dish Remote Access. I've tried disabling the firewall with no improvement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)