Dish remote access

Hoopsbd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Colorado
Does anybody know why all my recordings don't show up on my iPad when I go on dish remote access.

Last edited:
Two things: 1. The Dish Remote Access app is extremely buggy and seems to work incorrectly more than it works correctly. The app was just updated a few days ago, which has helped some, but I still encounter issues more times than not. With that said, be sure you have the updated app. 2. This may be obvious, but when you are looking at your recordings, are you aware that the page only shows 30 recordings at a time and that there is a "More" button at the bottom of the listings that allows you to show more recordings? Again, that may be obvious, but maybe not.

Also on mine there is a HD On /Off button that restricts the view to HD only programming in the guide. Not sure if that does the same thing for recordings or not. I will have to check that out later.

Thanks for the info. I have updated and reinstalled dish remote access and I still just show 35 programs and never anything recorded recently. Things don't show up for weeks. Does anybody have better luck with a sling player.

Hoopsbd said:
Thanks for the info. I have updated and reinstalled dish remote access and I still just show 35 programs and never anything recorded recently. Things don't show up for weeks. Does anybody have better luck with a sling player.

I think when you ask about better luck with a sling player, you are actually referring to a Sling Box. Yes, I have a Sling Box and the difference is night and day. But, keep in mind, the Sling Adapter is currently $50, and a Sling Box is $150-300 depending on what you get. The Sling app is also $29.99 (at least it used to be). If you are willing to spend the bucks for reliability, the Sling Box is currently hands down the way to go. If mobile tv viewing is just a little perk that you might enjoy every now and then, stick with the Sling adapter. I'm guessing since you started this thread, the Sling adapter isn't working for you, so the decision comes down to whether its worth it to you to spend the extra money. I love the Sling products, and Sling's mobile app...why Dish can't get it right is beyond me.

In my case I cannot see recordings or watch live TV from my iPhone when I am inside my house on Wi-Fi (the same network as the Hopper). If I turn off Wi-Fi on my phone and relaunch the app, they show up. My receiver shows up as yellow in the settings area of the app if I'm on my Wi-Fi. I think I need to do some tinkering with port forwarding on my router to get it working, I just haven't had the time. I just wanted to share, in case you were seeing the same thing...

Bandwidth issue !!!
I have the same problem. I can use my WIFI sometimes, it depends if others in the house or using the Internet for other applications.

If there is low usage, I can you use my WIFi to access my two sling adapters ( 1 for each Hopper ).

I am limited on my DSL service to 6mb download and .70 mb upload . Sometimes I can get HD, but most of the time it is SD. I use a iPhone 3GS to access my slings from outside my network using cell data or other WIFI networks. Considering my speed constraints I am very happy with TV everywhere, can keep tabs on the ball games and anything else I need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)