Dish remote and Pioneer A/V receiver

WestTexas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Hi folks, wasn't able to find any info in a search.

Just purchased a new Pioneer VSX-919 AV receiver. Can't find a code on my Dish remote to control it (just need volume). Currently using a 6.3 remote, but I have others if needed.

Was unsuccessful on the Pioneer support site as well.

Works fine with my Pioneer plasma TV.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thansk,
WT

You can also get a Dish 21.0 remote. It is a learning remote and you can customize it. It also has color feature keys that are very handy. I programmed direct input selections for my Denon receiver on those keys.

Have you tried any of the codes for older Pioneer receivers? I don't believe there are very many new codes available.
Thanks! Went back to the old codes and bingo, the third one worked like a charm! Now back to one remote.

I sure appreciate it !!!!

Remote and Pio Plasma

Hi folks, wasn't able to find any info in a search.

Just purchased a new Pioneer VSX-919 AV receiver. Can't find a code on my Dish remote to control it (just need volume). Currently using a 6.3 remote, but I have others if needed.

Was unsuccessful on the Pioneer support site as well.

Works fine with my Pioneer plasma TV.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thansk,
WT

I can't get my 622's remote to control my PDP-5020 inputs. The Pio has direct input keys on its remote - 1 through 7 or 8. I have to use the original remote for changing between the BD player and the satellite receiver. I have an odd feeling that my VSX-29TX used the third code for my 508 remote but I'm too tired to check this out. I am glad you were able to go to one remote. Some people like the Harmony remotes. I don't like the DVR function buttons. I like the Dish remote the best for the DVR buttons. Take care! --Grin&Barrett

Remember: DON'T BE A BONEHEAD!! :D :D