Dish Remote And Sony

Bill Fleming

Original poster
Jun 1, 2014
While trying to setup a Dish 211K remote to work with a DAV-BC150 DVD Home Theatre System using the process outlined on Dish's website, the 15 sets of code listed by Dish for Sony didn't work. This just didn't seem right considering the numbers of codes listed for Sony. At sometime, Dish must have intended for this to work. So, what's different now? i've talked to Dish and they don't have a clue. Surely this isn't the first time this issue has come up. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for listening,

Bill

Are you adding a 1 in front of the AV receiver codes in AUX mode?

Sorry, I didn't fully understand your question. Yes, I was using both a 1 and 2 while in the "Aux" mode per the procedure in the "remote control manual" prior to adding the code. What I'm trying to add is a DVD Home Theatre System (Sony DAV-BC150). Rather than Aux, should I be using the mode and codes for DVD Players, rather than the aux mode?

Sorry, I didn't fully understand your question. Yes, I was using both a 1 and 2 while in the "Aux" mode per the procedure in the "remote control manual" prior to adding the code. What I'm trying to add is a DVD Home Theatre System (Sony DAV-BC150). Rather than Aux, should I be using the mode and codes for DVD Players, rather than the aux mode?
If you want to be able to control your system volume with the Dish remote, you will need to find receiver/amplifier code in AUX. Maybe, you will be able to find a separate DVD mode code to control such. That mode does not require a prefix number. One code will not operate the entire system.

Failing one or both of the above, you will need to get a learning remote if you don't have one already

Last edited:
While trying to setup a Dish 211K remote to work with a DAV-BC150 DVD Home Theatre System using the process outlined on Dish's website, the 15 sets of code listed by Dish for Sony didn't work. This just didn't seem right considering the numbers of codes listed for Sony. At sometime, Dish must have intended for this to work. So, what's different now? i've talked to Dish and they don't have a clue. Surely this isn't the first time this issue has come up. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for listening,

Bill
Do you have the Sony system's remote? If so, use Learning Mode (in the remote manual) and see if that will work.

Yes, I do have the Sony remote. I agree it is my last shot and I will try it tomorrow. I'll post the results.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Bill

Some Sony receivers require that the sound system be put in a secondary mode to be used with universal remotes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)