Dish remote code to control a Sony XR-55A80J TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well I'm back. HipKat nailed it! I finally got back to it this morning and I'll be damned that I didn't notice that the AUX light was lighting on every attempt. Pushed the TV button on the side of the 540 remote and instant joy!

The Sony XR-55A80J is replacing a Samsung UN50MU630D. The difference is like night and day. I found the picture to be jaw dropping stunning when testing it on a few of Netflix's Ultra HD 4K movies.

I guess now I'll have to upgrade the Joey3 to a 4K Joey...
Hi HipKat, so could you please tell me which code you ended up using? i have the same TV XR=55A80J and a Dish Hopper-3 with there universal remote. Thank You.

Hi everyone, “Update” so I have the Sony XR-55A80J tv and Dish Network Hopper-3. So if you’re trying to program your hopper remote to your tv all you need to do is go into the “TV settings” to do it no codes needed, if I remember right in the settings go to remotes or dish network how it’s setup from when you did your first TV set up out of box. I think it had me hold a button or two on my dish remote and then it had me check if volume worked or on off worked, it was easy my brother found this out after trying to enter codes when he was do his Sony tv a different model then what we all have but it did work for me to. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)