Dish Remote DVR Access iPhone APP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Viper0580

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Northern Kentucky
It appears that Dish now has a iPhone app out. It is called Dish DVR Access for $.99. It should be free. Direct Tv has 2 free iPhone apps.

Forgot to add.

This is not a native Dish Network app. The app looks just like it would when you use Safari. Not sure when Dish will have a iPhone app.

Last edited:
Not sure what you're talking about. Go into mobile Safari and navigate to dish.sling.com, log in and you're good. It's free.
Well if you have an iPhone you could go to the app store and see the $.99 app called Dish DVR Access. It is not an app dish created. It was created by Mike Retzak. Look it up.

Hi all,

I am the one who programmed the app you're talking about. I am in no way affiliated with Dish Network, and you're correct, all it does is pull up Dish's existing web app in a native iPhone app, without the unneeded mobile Safari interface. I too, have been waiting far too long for an official native app from Dish Network, so I decided to do something about it. The 99 cent charge is to recoup my time, as well as the $100 Apple developer access fee. If the little added convenience is worth spending 99 cents to you, that's great. If not, I certainly understand.

However, since you've found the app and discussed it in this forum, I'll give out 10 free promo codes for the first 10 DMs received from forum members. For those have downloaded the app, thanks a lot!

I'll update this message when all the codes are gone. If I get more than 10 requests before I get a chance to update, the first 10 will receive the codes. Thanks!

The APP is great. It is about time that some one creates a iPhone app since DishNetwork has not or is not in no hurry to creat. I like it much better than going to Safari. Direct Tv has 2 iPhone apps out and Dish has NONE.

Dish is supposed to be showing off their new iPhone client next week at CES. Honestly they should have just did what Mike did with his app. :)

I have a redeem code Mike gave me. I downloaded the ap through the ap store and not iTunes so I didn't use the code. Mike said I could give it to another member. Shoot me a PM if u want it.

I downloaded the app the first day it was available. It was worth $1 for me to not have to launch safari, navigate to dish.sling.com and input my password and user name.
It works very well, and is well worth the $1.

i think the app is useful. There was a void there and Mike filled it. he did have some cost and hopefully he will recoup it and even if he makes a few bucks off it I think he is entitled. If it is not worth $.99 to you just don't buy it.

I was gonna download it but I need the new software upgrade for my iphone. I got to install itunes on my new computer, so its gonna be a few days till I get around to it.

But im glad someone took the step to do something that should be provided for free by Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)