Dish remote programming guide

gdodd12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
I just bought a new Sharp Aquos. Does anyone know where I can find out how to program my Dish remote to work on my new TV?
Thanks.

Try this:

Make sure your TV is on.

1. Press and hold the TV Mode button until all four mode buttons flash, let go. The TV mode button will continue to flash.

2. Enter one of these 3 digit codes:

521 526 585 605 607 628 629 652 654 655 658 669 670 674 679 739 740 741

3. Press # (pound)

4. Press the power button to see if it will turn off your TV. If not, go through again and try the next number.

When the TV turns off, your done!

I really wish the remotes had a learning feature... the one with teh 622 does everything i need it to except for 1 crucial button to switch between antenna and cable input on my tv.

the input button works great, but i wish i could program like the swap button for cable/antenna :(

Try this:

Make sure your TV is on.

1. Press and hold the TV Mode button until all four mode buttons flash, let go. The TV mode button will continue to flash.

2. Enter one of these 3 digit codes:

521 526 585 605 607 628 629 652 654 655 658 669 670 674 679 739 740 741

3. Press # (pound)

4. Press the power button to see if it will turn off your TV. If not, go through again and try the next number.

When the TV turns off, your done!

That got it! Thanks.

I really wish the remotes had a learning feature... the one with teh 622 does everything i need it to except for 1 crucial button to switch between antenna and cable input on my tv.

the input button works great, but i wish i could program like the swap button for cable/antenna :(
Sounds like you are trying to switch between the Antenna jack and the Aux/Cable jack on the back of the TV.

If you are using the Aux/Cable jack that much, maybe you could connect the cable box to a spare video input, and then use the "Input" button on the remote. If no connection, maybe get a convertor.

Or feed your Antenna into your Cable Box, and then the Cable Box into the Antenna Jack.

my tv has both an antenna and a cable jack yes. I have both in use.

I dont use a cable box...the cable from the cable company goes right to the tv.

I just returned the cable box, dumped digital cable, but have kept the basic cable package I have in case I ever have dish problems.

It would just be nice if these remotes had a learning ability... i could program the one button in... and be alllllll set. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts