Dish Remote programming question

Tyler Parker

Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
I have tried to program my Dish remote for an LG HDTV that I have. None of the codes have worked. Do I have any options with this remote? Can I ask DISH for a newer remote that would work? Should I just buy a new Universal remote?

Thanks for your help!

I have tried to program my Dish remote for an LG HDTV that I have. None of the codes have worked. Do I have any options with this remote? Can I ask DISH for a newer remote that would work? Should I just buy a new Universal remote?

Thanks for your help!

You didn't say what receiver you have but if it's any one from the last several years get a 21.0 remote. If it doesn't have the LG code in it (it probably does) it can learn the functions from any remote. It also is IR/UHF. Wouldn't hurt to try to get Dish to pop for one. If no luck with them get one from ebay. The last one I bought from there was something like $18 shipped. I use 21.0's on both 622 and 722 (NON-K) receivers. Yer welcome!

Ed

Hold tv button till all buttons light up,pres power,then channel up untill the tv powers off then hit #. This scrolls through each code hope this helps brisak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)