Dish Remotes Question

Marv B

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Tulsa OK
I have a 722 DVR. My two remotes are 20.1 IR, and 21.0 IR/UHF PRO. The UHF remote works okay, EXCEPT for the power button. I can turn on that tuner by just pushing the "sat" button at the top left, but I have to hit the power button to turn that tuner off, and that button is worn out. For quite a while I've been able to just push it really hard and get it to work, but not anymore. Now if I have that tuner on, it stays on until the update time.

I have some old remotes from my 510 DVRs and was hoping I could use one of those to replace this one (by just having a different remote address), but they only seem to replace the 20.1 IR.

Do I have to purchase another UHF remote to fix this, or is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for any help.

I have a 722 DVR. My two remotes are 20.1 IR, and 21.0 IR/UHF PRO. The UHF remote works okay, EXCEPT for the power button. I can turn on that tuner by just pushing the "sat" button at the top left, but I have to hit the power button to turn that tuner off, and that button is worn out. For quite a while I've been able to just push it really hard and get it to work, but not anymore. Now if I have that tuner on, it stays on until the update time.

I have some old remotes from my 510 DVRs and was hoping I could use one of those to replace this one (by just having a different remote address), but they only seem to replace the 20.1 IR.

Do I have to purchase another UHF remote to fix this, or is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for any help.
Call Dish, they will probably send you one free.

Reactions: pattykay and joegr
Turning a Dish receiver "ON" or "OFF" is just an illusion.

there is very little power consumption difference because the hard drive and the tuner really keeps working in this "Standby" mode.

The UHF remote is designed to be used in the second room where the NTSC signal is sent via coaxial cable.

If that is how you are using it, you will have to get another UHF remote bcause the remote will be out of line-of-sight of the receiver.

If you are using it in the same room as the 722, you can use an IR remote.

Here are directions for putting the IR remote in UHF mode, I don't know if flipping the switch back to IR and pressing record three times sets the receiver back to IR or not.

Change 722K from IR to UHF

Mojavejoe says it will.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks for all that info, but I'm not having any luck. I'm still only able to operate that second tuner with the UHF remote. When I flip that tiny switch to "IR" and follow those instructions, it only starts working on my other tuner. I've probably just got to get another UHF remote, even though I do use these in the same room. Even with different remote addresses set up, I'm only able to operate the second tuner with the switch to "UHF"......Maybe that's all I can expect since the system info page lists the secondary remote address as being on UHF Pro Band A.

IIRC, the second tuner may only operate on UHF, since it was designed to be remote (in another room).

Others may know otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts